OmniRig with Ham Radio Deluxe

  • hr_sgenusa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13 10:57 AM
      I've looked for a "Bridge" for OmniRig and Ham Radio Deluxe and I've
      not been happy with what I've seen. What I needed was the Logbook
      window to follow the current band/frequency/mode so that when I add
      contacts it automatically pulls the Rig's data.

      I've tried splitting the serial port and it works for me but with
      some ill side-effects due to the way HRD polls the serial port. The
      side-effects included erratic band switching and invalid data in the
      Logbook which are rather nasty side-effects requiring a level of
      attention which is not always possible.

      The solution for me was a program that connects to OmniRig and
      updates the HRD Log Add window in the background. The nice thing is,
      no added serial connections are involved so everything behaves very
      nicely. This solution is working great for me so I've uploaded it for
      others who might want to use it. You can download it from my web site:

      http://www.wd5eae.org/Software.html

      73

      WD5EAE

      P.S. OmniRig from the developer's side is incredibly easy to use.
      Great job and thank you Alex!