[dxatlas] Re: Omni rig feature request

  • rt_tclay
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 7, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "bill_w4zv" <w0zv@...> wrote:

      > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "rt_tclay" <rt_clay@> wrote:
      >
      > > I'm still hoping the bandwidth in Softrock-IF mode will get opened up
      > > :) I recently installed a 192KHz capable sound card, but still only
      > > ~20 KHz in IF mode.
      >
      > Me too but Alex told me this is unlikely to happen. BTW I believe
      > it's actually 24 kHz in Softrock-IF. Although that BW is not visible
      > on the waterfall I believe Skimmer still captures calls over the 24
      > khz span.

      Yes, I was hoping (based on the picture of IF mode in the Skimmer help
      file) that the width depended on the sampling rate. So you would get
      more by going from 96 to 192 KHz sampling. But unfortunately not.

      If anyone is looking for a 192-capable PCI sound card, I have been
      using the Bluegears b-Enspirer 7.1 (~105$). It seems to work pretty
      well for SDR use.

      Tor
      N4OGW