Re: [dxatlas] Re: Omni rig feature request

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 6 4:23 AM
      Fine for owners of K3s, but the eterlogic software has the advantage of
      being generic. N8LP and his colleagues do great work - not knocking them
      in the least, but I wouldn't want to have to support LP-Bridge in other
      applications.

      73, Pete

      At 01:55 PM 7/5/2008, bill_w4zv wrote:
      >--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "rt_tclay" <rt_clay@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I'm still hoping the bandwidth in Softrock-IF mode will get opened up
      > > :) I recently installed a 192KHz capable sound card, but still only
      > > ~20 KHz in IF mode.
      >
      >Me too but Alex told me this is unlikely to happen. BTW I believe
      >it's actually 24 kHz in Softrock-IF. Although that BW is not visible
      >on the waterfall I believe Skimmer still captures calls over the 24
      >khz span.
      >
      >What you guys have discussing (virtual COM ports) is also being done
      >by N8LP as LP-Bridge (about 1/4 page down from top):
      >
      >http://www.telepostinc.com/LP-PAN.html
      >
      >"Here is the first cut at the LP-Bridge program. It will do several
      >things. 1) It will provide a method of allowing several applications
      >to simultaneously share bidirectional communications with the K3 by
      >creating virtual ports for the other applications to connect to... 2)
      >It will provide a means to obtain offset data from the K3, and pass it
      >along to WU2X's IF Stage version of PowerSDR... 3) It provides a
      >convenient way to implement point-and-click tuning from PowerSDR /IF
      >Stage by providing an extensive direct DDE interface to PowerSDR. Here
      >are some reduced size screen grabs. Views are normal, normal with K3
      >status and setup / diagnostic view."
      >
      >73, Bill

    • rt_tclay
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 7 6:51 AM
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "bill_w4zv" <w0zv@...> wrote:

        > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "rt_tclay" <rt_clay@> wrote:
        >
        > > I'm still hoping the bandwidth in Softrock-IF mode will get opened up
        > > :) I recently installed a 192KHz capable sound card, but still only
        > > ~20 KHz in IF mode.
        >
        > Me too but Alex told me this is unlikely to happen. BTW I believe
        > it's actually 24 kHz in Softrock-IF. Although that BW is not visible
        > on the waterfall I believe Skimmer still captures calls over the 24
        > khz span.

        Yes, I was hoping (based on the picture of IF mode in the Skimmer help
        file) that the width depended on the sampling rate. So you would get
        more by going from 96 to 192 KHz sampling. But unfortunately not.

        If anyone is looking for a 192-capable PCI sound card, I have been
        using the Bluegears b-Enspirer 7.1 (~105$). It seems to work pretty
        well for SDR use.

        Tor
        N4OGW