Re: [dxatlas] Omni-Rig and Logbooks

    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 3, 2008
      Perhaps something could be worked out so that they could have a
      subscription portal, and access would only work if your subscription was
      current.

      You might want to suggest it to the people at QRZ.

      73, Pete N4ZR

    • Neal Campbell
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 4, 2008
        There is a simple solution: subscribe to QRZ Online which allows
        realtime access to the database from programs that utilize his xml
        exchange. I just added it to my OS X DXCluster application called
        Spot.

        Also, Fred does not mind if you do a real-time "get" against his
        website, he objects when people filter out only the callsign info and
        do not include the ads. So if you do a URL get, which returns the
        whole web page, he is fine with it.

        73
        Neal k3nc

        On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:
        > Perhaps something could be worked out so that they could have a
        > subscription portal, and access would only work if your subscription was
        > current.
        >
        > You might want to suggest it to the people at QRZ.
        >
        > 73, Pete N4ZR
        >
        > At 08:43 AM 7/3/2008, rdvrey wrote:
        >>Hi Alex,
        >>
        >>I understand and acknowledge the argument, QRZ needs money to uphold
        >>the incredible service the offer. Its just that real time information
        >>has much bigger value, to bad.
        >>
        >>73,
        >>
        >>Robert PE1CWU
        >>
        >>--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Hi Robert,
        >> >
        >> > I emailed Fred, the owner of QRZ.COM, a while ago, and asked him if
        >> > automatic callsign lookup on his server from a program was legal. He
        >> > answered, "As for its "legitimacy", yes, it's legal, but it isn't
        >>exactly
        >> > fair to QRZ". I decided not to implement such function in my software.
        >> >
        >> > 73 Alex VE3NEA

        Neal Campbell
        Abroham Neal Software
        Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
        (540) 242 0911
        Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
        www.abrohamnealsoftware.com - introduction priced at $10.99
        For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
        See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
        action at www.flex-videos.com
      • Mike Harris
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 4, 2008
          Good day,

          Would the QRZ lookup feature in Logger32 be in this category? It just
          pulls up the name and address details, no ads.

          Regards,

          Mike VP8NO

          | There is a simple solution: subscribe to QRZ Online which allows
          | realtime access to the database from programs that utilize his xml
          | exchange. I just added it to my OS X DXCluster application called
          | Spot.
          |
          | Also, Fred does not mind if you do a real-time "get" against his
          | website, he objects when people filter out only the callsign info and
          | do not include the ads. So if you do a URL get, which returns the
          | whole web page, he is fine with it.
          |
          | 73
          | Neal k3nc
        • Neal Campbell
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 4, 2008
            Unless you have a subscription with QRZ Online or the author has some
            special deal with Fred I suspect that there is a problem.

            Neal

            action at www.flex-videos.com
          • rdvrey
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 7, 2008