Re: [dxatlas] Omni-Rig and Logbooks

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 3, 2008
      Robert

      Are you aware of the feature button in BM which lets you look up on QRZ.com ? It only brings up the webpage, but does not insert the info into log. Too bad, would be nice.

      I wish Alex would add 2 features to BM.
      1) Auto update of LOTW user list
      2) Quick Memory buttons for user defined memories especially for DXPed freqs and the 5 channels for 60 meters.
      3) For you Robert, the mouse adjustment of frequency in BM same as in HAMPORT

      For as much as I try to simplify my life , it seems always that technology adds another level of complexity to my life which I end up enjoying.

      Best Regards
      Dan Schaaf
      ===============================
      NOBSKA
      www.nobska.net
      ===============================
      Cape Cod Instruments
      www.oceanbiz.net
      ===============================
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 3, 2008
        Perhaps something could be worked out so that they could have a
        subscription portal, and access would only work if your subscription was
        current.

        You might want to suggest it to the people at QRZ.

        73, Pete N4ZR

      • Neal Campbell
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 4, 2008
          There is a simple solution: subscribe to QRZ Online which allows
          realtime access to the database from programs that utilize his xml
          exchange. I just added it to my OS X DXCluster application called
          Spot.

          Also, Fred does not mind if you do a real-time "get" against his
          website, he objects when people filter out only the callsign info and
          do not include the ads. So if you do a URL get, which returns the
          whole web page, he is fine with it.

          73
          Neal k3nc

          On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM, Pete Smith <n4zr@...> wrote:
          > Perhaps something could be worked out so that they could have a
          > subscription portal, and access would only work if your subscription was
          > current.
          >
          > You might want to suggest it to the people at QRZ.
          >
          > 73, Pete N4ZR
          >
          > At 08:43 AM 7/3/2008, rdvrey wrote:
          >>Hi Alex,
          >>
          >>I understand and acknowledge the argument, QRZ needs money to uphold
          >>the incredible service the offer. Its just that real time information
          >>has much bigger value, to bad.
          >>
          >>73,
          >>
          >>Robert PE1CWU
          >>
          >>--- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex, VE3NEA" <alshovk@...> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > Hi Robert,
          >> >
          >> > I emailed Fred, the owner of QRZ.COM, a while ago, and asked him if
          >> > automatic callsign lookup on his server from a program was legal. He
          >> > answered, "As for its "legitimacy", yes, it's legal, but it isn't
          >>exactly
          >> > fair to QRZ". I decided not to implement such function in my software.
          >> >
          >> > 73 Alex VE3NEA

          Neal Campbell
          Abroham Neal Software
          Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux
          (540) 242 0911
          Try Spot for OS X, the intelligent DXCluster Client at
          www.abrohamnealsoftware.com - introduction priced at $10.99
          For a great dog book, visit www.abrohamneal.com
          See the FlexRadio Systems Flex-5000a in
          action at www.flex-videos.com
        • Mike Harris
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 4, 2008
            Good day,

            Would the QRZ lookup feature in Logger32 be in this category? It just
            pulls up the name and address details, no ads.

            Regards,

            Mike VP8NO

            | There is a simple solution: subscribe to QRZ Online which allows
            | realtime access to the database from programs that utilize his xml
            | exchange. I just added it to my OS X DXCluster application called
            | Spot.
            |
            | Also, Fred does not mind if you do a real-time "get" against his
            | website, he objects when people filter out only the callsign info and
            | do not include the ads. So if you do a URL get, which returns the
            | whole web page, he is fine with it.
            |
            | 73
            | Neal k3nc
          • Neal Campbell
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 4, 2008
              Unless you have a subscription with QRZ Online or the author has some
              special deal with Fred I suspect that there is a problem.

              Neal

              action at www.flex-videos.com
            • rdvrey
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 7, 2008