Re: [dxatlas] OmniRig/HamPortOmniRig/Bandmaster with older Icom

  • L. Sica
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 12, 2004
      Hello Alex (and group)

      I've downloaded it, I have DTR and RTS set to high, and I have Transceive mode set to "off" on the Icom. I'm still running into some problems

      1) I can set frequency with Hamport OmniRig, but having the program respond to frequency has a short (1/2 to one second) delay. My poll rate is set to 100ms, my timeout to 4000ms.
      2) I can set mode with HamPort OmniRig, but the program never displays the mode of the radio.

      And oddly enough, I get the SAME response whether Transcieve mode is set to "on" or "off". Because of this, and because I did have to manually fix the "rig" file, I'd like to ask if anyone else has got an older Icom rig to work with the Omni Rig engine? Is my rig file incorrect? Is "transcieve mode" not working properly in my rig?

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 13, 2004
        Hi Lou,

        Please generate a new OmniRig log with transceive off and send it to my
        direct email. Be sure to change the frequency and mode while collecting the
        log.

        > I've downloaded it, I have DTR and RTS set to high, and I have Transceive
        mode set to "off" on the Icom. I'm still running into some problems

        > 1) I can set frequency with Hamport OmniRig, but having the program
        respond to frequency has a short (1/2 to one second) delay. My poll rate is
        set to 100ms, my timeout to 4000ms.
        > 2) I can set mode with HamPort OmniRig, but the program never displays the
        mode of the radio.

        > And oddly enough, I get the SAME response whether Transcieve mode is set
        to "on" or "off". Because of this, and because I did have to manually fix
        the "rig" file, I'd like to ask if anyone else has got an older Icom rig to
        work with the Omni Rig engine? Is my rig file incorrect? Is "transcieve
        mode" not working properly in my rig?

        Service.