WG: FT1000MP & Softrock IF

  • Tobias Wellnitz
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hi Alex,

      I'm using a Softrock IF on 455kHz in the sub-receiver of my FT1000MP.
      Unfortunately cw-skimmer is retrieving the frequency information always from
      the main receiver.

      Might there be the posibility to add the feature to use also the subreceiver
      in on of the further versions of cw-skimmer?

      73 Toby
      EA4/DH1TW
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
        Hi Toby,

        It is the OmniRig engine that decides which receiver to use. The commands
        to read the receiver frequency are stored in the FT-1000 MP.ini file in the
        OmniRig\Rigs directory. You can create a clone of this file and put another
        command that reads sub-receiver instead of the main receiver. The ini file
        structure is described in the documentation on the
        http://www.dxatlas.com/omnirig/ web site. Just remember to switch back to
        the original file when using another program, such as Faros, that needs to
        work with the main receiver.

        73 Alex VE3NEA

        > Hi Alex,
        >
        > I'm using a Softrock IF on 455kHz in the sub-receiver of my FT1000MP.
        > Unfortunately cw-skimmer is retrieving the frequency information always
        > from
        > the main receiver.
        >
        > Might there be the posibility to add the feature to use also the
        > subreceiver
        > in on of the further versions of cw-skimmer?
        >
        > 73 Toby
        > EA4/DH1TW

      • Tobias Wellnitz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          Hi Alex,

          thanks. I just changed the labels of pmFreqA and pmFreqB in the inifile. Now
          I can use the main receiver independent of the subreceiver where the sdr /
          skimmer is connected to.

          73 Toby
          EA4/DH1TW

          _____