[dxatlas] Re: CW Skimmer 1.2

  • jeraldvolpe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 22, 2008
      .... also.....

      Since I have modified the rig control script so that CW Skimmer is
      reading and updating the frequency of the Orion's sub receiver I lock
      the Orion's transmitter to the sub receiver VFO too. So clicking on
      the signal on the CW Skimmer display takes the Orion's transmitter
      immediately to the frequency that the DX is listening to at that very
      moment. What can be more valuable than that?

      73,
      Jerry, KKG6TT
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
        At 11:41 PM 6/22/2008, jeraldvolpe wrote:
        >.... also.....
        >
        >Since I have modified the rig control script so that CW Skimmer is
        >reading and updating the frequency of the Orion's sub receiver I lock
        >the Orion's transmitter to the sub receiver VFO too. So clicking on
        >the signal on the CW Skimmer display takes the Orion's transmitter
        >immediately to the frequency that the DX is listening to at that very
        >moment. What can be more valuable than that?
        >
        >73,
        >Jerry, KKG6TT

        Depends what your objective is - for contesting, the whole idea is to
        harvest the calls of stations CQing over as wide a bandwidth as possible,
        with Skimmer running in the background. Totally different concept than
        DXing, where I agree that the 3 KHz mode is useful.