Re: [dxatlas] Automation programmers corner

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
      Hi Roger,

      The LoadPins method is equivalent to the File / Load / Pin List menu
      command, it has nothing to do with custom layers. There is a Delphi example
      in Programmer's Corner that shows how to work with custom layers. No VB
      examples, sorry.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
        Obviously, I defer to the author, Roger. Could not have been of help at
        that depth anyway. Good luck with the project.

        Bruce
        ---------------

        rogersjolin wrote:

        > Thanks Bruce for answering.
        > My problem is to do this in the VB6 code.
        > How do I load the data from
        > Atlas.loadpins(File) into a custom layer?
        > I know how to it by opening a pin file and read each line into an
        > array and then display it in a custom layer.
        > But I assume to use the Atlas.loadpins(File) can be an easier way?
        > Roger
        >
        > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
        > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Roger, you can make a 'right click' anyplace on the map and a menu
        > will
        > > appear. One option is to place a 'pin' at the point of the cursor.
        > > assume that data is held in the file you located. It is a nice
        > feature
        > > for keeping track of WAS, DXCC etc. info. If you have not located
        > it
        > > yet you can also keep a similar file of 'Grid Square' contacts when
        > you
        > > use the 'Gride' overlay feature.
        > >
        > > Bruce, K2BET
        > >
        > > rogersjolin wrote:
        > > >
        > > > In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function
        > DXAtlas.loadpins
        > > > (file). How do I use this function to plot my pin file? Example
        > please
        > > > in VB6.
        > > >

        > > > __________ NOD32 3205 (20080621) Information __________

        > > > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com>

        > http://www.eset.com
      • rogersjolin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
          Thanks Alex
          But how do I use the LoadPins method in my VB6 code?
          I do it like this
          --
          sub command1.click()
          Atlas.Map.BeginUpdate