Re: [dxatlas] Automation programmers corner

  • rogersjolin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21 9:03 AM
      Thanks Bruce for answering.
      My problem is to do this in the VB6 code.
      How do I load the data from
      Atlas.loadpins(File) into a custom layer?
      I know how to it by opening a pin file and read each line into an
      array and then display it in a custom layer.
      But I assume to use the Atlas.loadpins(File) can be an easier way?
      Roger

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:

      > Roger, you can make a 'right click' anyplace on the map and a menu
      will
      > appear. One option is to place a 'pin' at the point of the cursor.
      > assume that data is held in the file you located. It is a nice
      feature
      > for keeping track of WAS, DXCC etc. info. If you have not located
      it
      > yet you can also keep a similar file of 'Grid Square' contacts when
      you
      > use the 'Gride' overlay feature.
      >
      > Bruce, K2BET
      >
      > rogersjolin wrote:
      > >
      > > In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function
      DXAtlas.loadpins

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21 9:13 AM
        Hi Roger,

        The LoadPins method is equivalent to the File / Load / Pin List menu
        command, it has nothing to do with custom layers. There is a Delphi example
        in Programmer's Corner that shows how to work with custom layers. No VB
        examples, sorry.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21 10:06 AM
          Obviously, I defer to the author, Roger. Could not have been of help at
          that depth anyway. Good luck with the project.

          Bruce
          ---------------

          rogersjolin wrote:

          > Thanks Bruce for answering.
          > My problem is to do this in the VB6 code.
          > How do I load the data from
          > Atlas.loadpins(File) into a custom layer?
          > I know how to it by opening a pin file and read each line into an
          > array and then display it in a custom layer.
          > But I assume to use the Atlas.loadpins(File) can be an easier way?
          > Roger
          >
          > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Roger, you can make a 'right click' anyplace on the map and a menu
          > will
          > > appear. One option is to place a 'pin' at the point of the cursor.
          > > assume that data is held in the file you located. It is a nice
          > feature
          > > for keeping track of WAS, DXCC etc. info. If you have not located
          > it
          > > yet you can also keep a similar file of 'Grid Square' contacts when
          > you
          > > use the 'Gride' overlay feature.
          > >
          > > Bruce, K2BET
          > >
          > > rogersjolin wrote:
          > > >
          > > > In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function
          > DXAtlas.loadpins
          > > > (file). How do I use this function to plot my pin file? Example
          > please
          > > > in VB6.
          > > >

          > > > __________ NOD32 3205 (20080621) Information __________

          > > > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com>

          > http://www.eset.com
        • rogersjolin
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21 10:09 AM
            Thanks Alex
            But how do I use the LoadPins method in my VB6 code?
            I do it like this
            --
            sub command1.click()
            Atlas.Map.BeginUpdate