Re: [dxatlas] Automation programmers corner

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
      Roger, you can make a 'right click' anyplace on the map and a menu will
      appear. One option is to place a 'pin' at the point of the cursor. I
      assume that data is held in the file you located. It is a nice feature
      for keeping track of WAS, DXCC etc. info. If you have not located it
      yet you can also keep a similar file of 'Grid Square' contacts when you
      use the 'Gride' overlay feature.

      Bruce, K2BET

      rogersjolin wrote:

      > In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function DXAtlas.loadpins
      > (file). How do I use this function to plot my pin file? Example please
      > in VB6.

      > http://www.eset.com
    • rogersjolin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
        Thanks Bruce for answering.
        My problem is to do this in the VB6 code.
        How do I load the data from
        Atlas.loadpins(File) into a custom layer?
        I know how to it by opening a pin file and read each line into an
        array and then display it in a custom layer.
        But I assume to use the Atlas.loadpins(File) can be an easier way?
        Roger

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
          Hi Roger,

          The LoadPins method is equivalent to the File / Load / Pin List menu
          command, it has nothing to do with custom layers. There is a Delphi example
          in Programmer's Corner that shows how to work with custom layers. No VB
          examples, sorry.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
            Obviously, I defer to the author, Roger. Could not have been of help at
            that depth anyway. Good luck with the project.

            Bruce
            ---------------

            rogersjolin wrote:

            > Thanks Bruce for answering.
            > My problem is to do this in the VB6 code.
            > How do I load the data from
            > Atlas.loadpins(File) into a custom layer?
            > I know how to it by opening a pin file and read each line into an
            > array and then display it in a custom layer.
            > But I assume to use the Atlas.loadpins(File) can be an easier way?
            > Roger
            >
            > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
            > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Roger, you can make a 'right click' anyplace on the map and a menu
            > will
            > > appear. One option is to place a 'pin' at the point of the cursor.
            > > assume that data is held in the file you located. It is a nice
            > feature
            > > for keeping track of WAS, DXCC etc. info. If you have not located
            > it
            > > yet you can also keep a similar file of 'Grid Square' contacts when
            > you
            > > use the 'Gride' overlay feature.
            > >
            > > Bruce, K2BET
            > >
            > > rogersjolin wrote:
            > > >
            > > > In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function
            > DXAtlas.loadpins
            > > > (file). How do I use this function to plot my pin file? Example
            > please
            > > > in VB6.
            > > >

            > > > __________ NOD32 3205 (20080621) Information __________

            > > > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com>

            > http://www.eset.com
          • rogersjolin
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
              Thanks Alex
              But how do I use the LoadPins method in my VB6 code?
              I do it like this
              --
              sub command1.click()
              Atlas.Map.BeginUpdate