Automation programmers corner

  • rogersjolin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
      In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function DXAtlas.loadpins
      (file). How do I use this function to plot my pin file? Example please
      in VB6.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
        Roger, you can make a 'right click' anyplace on the map and a menu will
        appear. One option is to place a 'pin' at the point of the cursor. I
        assume that data is held in the file you located. It is a nice feature
        for keeping track of WAS, DXCC etc. info. If you have not located it
        yet you can also keep a similar file of 'Grid Square' contacts when you
        use the 'Gride' overlay feature.

        Bruce, K2BET

        rogersjolin wrote:

        > In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function DXAtlas.loadpins
        > (file). How do I use this function to plot my pin file? Example please
        > in VB6.

        > http://www.eset.com
      • rogersjolin
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
          Thanks Bruce for answering.
          My problem is to do this in the VB6 code.
          How do I load the data from
          Atlas.loadpins(File) into a custom layer?
          I know how to it by opening a pin file and read each line into an
          array and then display it in a custom layer.
          But I assume to use the Atlas.loadpins(File) can be an easier way?
          Roger

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
            Hi Roger,

            The LoadPins method is equivalent to the File / Load / Pin List menu
            command, it has nothing to do with custom layers. There is a Delphi example
            in Programmer's Corner that shows how to work with custom layers. No VB
            examples, sorry.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
              Obviously, I defer to the author, Roger. Could not have been of help at
              that depth anyway. Good luck with the project.

              Bruce
              ---------------

              rogersjolin wrote:

              > Thanks Bruce for answering.
              > My problem is to do this in the VB6 code.
              > How do I load the data from
              > Atlas.loadpins(File) into a custom layer?
              > I know how to it by opening a pin file and read each line into an
              > array and then display it in a custom layer.
              > But I assume to use the Atlas.loadpins(File) can be an easier way?
              > Roger
              >
              > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
              > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, Bruce Tanner <bet110@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Roger, you can make a 'right click' anyplace on the map and a menu
              > will
              > > appear. One option is to place a 'pin' at the point of the cursor.
              > > assume that data is held in the file you located. It is a nice
              > feature
              > > for keeping track of WAS, DXCC etc. info. If you have not located
              > it
              > > yet you can also keep a similar file of 'Grid Square' contacts when
              > you
              > > use the 'Gride' overlay feature.
              > >
              > > Bruce, K2BET
              > >
              > > rogersjolin wrote:
              > > >
              > > > In The DXAtlas library for VB6 their is a function
              > DXAtlas.loadpins
              > > > (file). How do I use this function to plot my pin file? Example
              > please
              > > > in VB6.
              > > >

              > > > __________ NOD32 3205 (20080621) Information __________

              > > > http://www.eset.com <http://www.eset.com>

              > http://www.eset.com
            • rogersjolin
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
                Thanks Alex
                But how do I use the LoadPins method in my VB6 code?
                I do it like this
                --
                sub command1.click()
                Atlas.Map.BeginUpdate