CW Skimmer - Decodes only gibberish

  • Dana Roode
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26 3:04 PM
      Hello,

      I downloaded CW Skimmer to try it out today but I cannot get it to
      successfully decode anything. It clearly is reading the audio, as the
      various signals in the passband show up as varying intensity
      horizontal lines. However even signals that this human can easily
      copy do not decode. I see the "decoded" text has lots of letters that
      are based on dits - E, 5, H, I etc.

      What am I doing wrong?

      I am using it with a TS480 in 3 Khz mode, with a Sound Blaster PCI
      card, a setup that works fine for other programs.

      Dana, K6NR
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26 5:44 PM
        Hi Dana - it's hard to say what's wrong, but you should see very clear,
        Boy-Scout-style dots and dashes in each signal stream. The ditty decoding
        is a pretty good sign that it isn't looking at a real Morse signal.

        Did you set Settings|Radio to 3-KHz radio mode?

        Do you have your sound card's line-in/recording input enabled?

        73, Pete