Re: hamcap problem

  • dol2ie
    Message 1 of 6 , May 26, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "dol2ie" <dol2ie@...> wrote:

      > downloaded the new file but no luck

      still wont pass dec 07

    • Eric - VE3GSI
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26, 2008
        Should work!

        Please double check your steps:

        - Exit it Hamcap
        - Unzip and copy the new SSN.zip to your Hamcap folder
        (hint, you will be asked if you want to replace the file)
        - Restart Hamcap

        The above steps worked just fine for me.

        Eric - VE3GSI

      • RAYMOND BOLT
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2008
          Hi Eric
          The undernoted steps worked for me first time. I presume the file that was downloaded was the correct file??

          73
          Raymond MI0RUC

          Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@...> wrote:
          Should work!

          Please double check your steps:

          - Exit it Hamcap
          - Unzip and copy the new SSN.zip to your Hamcap folder
          (hint, you will be asked if you want to replace the file)
          - Restart Hamcap

          The above steps worked just fine for me.

          Eric - VE3GSI

        • nimcf
          Message 4 of 6 , May 29, 2008
            Hi
            I have just joined the group as I am having the same problem - my Ham
            Cap wont go past Dec 2007.

            I have tried the usual things - reistalled Ham Cap, reinstalled the
            SSN.dat file, looked in it to check it has post Dec 2007 dates, also
            tried reinstalling SNN.dat after editing out the pre Jan 2008 lines.
            It still wont go past Dec 2007.

            Interestingly,
            1. after editing out the pre Jan 2008 lines and reinstalling SSN.dat,
            Ham Cap still showed the months before that date - where did it get
            them from?
            2. After manually deleting and reinstalling Ham Cap, Hamcap still had
            my home coordinates - also, where did it get them from?

            I am running Vista on a laptop.

            Any help much appreciated as this is a great program/suite and I am
            keen to keep using it.

            regards
            Nigel McFetridge G8FIE