Skimmer on another computer

  • bill_w4zv
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2008
      Hi Alex,

      I'm asking this on the list since others might have the same question.
      I just purchased Skimmer for use on my shack computer. I may want to
      eventually put it on my laptop for expedition use. Do I simply
      download Skimmer on that computer and enter the same Name and
      Registration Key?

      Looking forward to playing with Skimmer in the CQ WPX this weekend!

      73, Bill W4ZV
    • James Streible
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21, 2008
        Bill,

        That is the way it has worked with some of his other programs.
        I have 2 others running on the computer upstairs and the one in the shack.
        Hopefully it will work the same for Skimmer.

        Jim K4DLI

        bill_w4zv wrote:

        > Hi Alex,
        >
        > I'm asking this on the list since others might have the same question.
        > I just purchased Skimmer for use on my shack computer. I may want to
        > eventually put it on my laptop for expedition use. Do I simply
        > download Skimmer on that computer and enter the same Name and
        > Registration Key?
        >
        > Looking forward to playing with Skimmer in the CQ WPX this weekend!
        >
        > 73, Bill W4ZV

      • bill_w4zv
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2008
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, James Streible <k4dli@...> wrote:

          > That is the way it has worked with some of his other programs.
          > I have 2 others running on the computer upstairs and the one in the
          shack.
          > Hopefully it will work the same for Skimmer.

          Thanks Jim! BTW for general info, the RegSoft site asks if you want a
          CD-ROM for another $9.99. I saw no reason to order that since I
          expect the current version to be updated frequently as Alex improves
          the decoding algorithms and adds other features.

          73, Bill
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2008
            Hi Bill,

            Thank you for registering! You can use the same user name / registration key
            on all of your computers.