RE: [dxatlas] hamcap problem

  • Eric - VE3GSI
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16 6:11 AM
      Be sure to download and install the new SSN.DAT file from the HamCap web
      page and you will be ok!

      Eric - VE3GSI

    • dol2ie
      Message 2 of 6 , May 26 5:49 AM
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "dol2ie" <dol2ie@...> wrote:

        > downloaded the new file but no luck

        still wont pass dec 07

      • Eric - VE3GSI
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26 8:20 AM
          Should work!

          Please double check your steps:

          - Exit it Hamcap
          - Unzip and copy the new SSN.zip to your Hamcap folder
          (hint, you will be asked if you want to replace the file)
          - Restart Hamcap

          The above steps worked just fine for me.

          Eric - VE3GSI

        • RAYMOND BOLT
          Message 4 of 6 , May 26 8:28 AM
            Hi Eric
            The undernoted steps worked for me first time. I presume the file that was downloaded was the correct file??

            73
            Raymond MI0RUC

            Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@...> wrote:
            Should work!

            Please double check your steps:

            - Exit it Hamcap
            - Unzip and copy the new SSN.zip to your Hamcap folder
            (hint, you will be asked if you want to replace the file)
            - Restart Hamcap

            The above steps worked just fine for me.

            Eric - VE3GSI

          • nimcf
            Message 5 of 6 , May 29 3:11 AM
              Hi
              I have just joined the group as I am having the same problem - my Ham
              Cap wont go past Dec 2007.

              I have tried the usual things - reistalled Ham Cap, reinstalled the
              SSN.dat file, looked in it to check it has post Dec 2007 dates, also
              tried reinstalling SNN.dat after editing out the pre Jan 2008 lines.
              It still wont go past Dec 2007.

              Interestingly,
              1. after editing out the pre Jan 2008 lines and reinstalling SSN.dat,
              Ham Cap still showed the months before that date - where did it get
              them from?
              2. After manually deleting and reinstalling Ham Cap, Hamcap still had
              my home coordinates - also, where did it get them from?

              I am running Vista on a laptop.

              Any help much appreciated as this is a great program/suite and I am
              keen to keep using it.

              regards
              Nigel McFetridge G8FIE