hamcap problem

  • dol2ie
    Message 1 of 6 , May 16, 2008
      Just paid for the full package and am hoping to use it with logger32.
      I cant seem to get the update loaded right and cant get passed dec 07.
      Can anyone help?
    • Eric - VE3GSI
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2008
        Be sure to download and install the new SSN.DAT file from the HamCap web
        page and you will be ok!

        Eric - VE3GSI

      • dol2ie
        Message 3 of 6 , May 26, 2008
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "dol2ie" <dol2ie@...> wrote:

          > downloaded the new file but no luck

          still wont pass dec 07

        • Eric - VE3GSI
          Message 4 of 6 , May 26, 2008
            Should work!

            Please double check your steps:

            - Exit it Hamcap
            - Unzip and copy the new SSN.zip to your Hamcap folder
            (hint, you will be asked if you want to replace the file)
            - Restart Hamcap

            The above steps worked just fine for me.

            Eric - VE3GSI

          • RAYMOND BOLT
            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2008
              Hi Eric
              The undernoted steps worked for me first time. I presume the file that was downloaded was the correct file??

              73
              Raymond MI0RUC

              Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@...> wrote:
              Should work!

              Please double check your steps:

              - Exit it Hamcap
              - Unzip and copy the new SSN.zip to your Hamcap folder
              (hint, you will be asked if you want to replace the file)
              - Restart Hamcap

              The above steps worked just fine for me.

              Eric - VE3GSI

            • nimcf
              Message 6 of 6 , May 29, 2008
                Hi
                I have just joined the group as I am having the same problem - my Ham
                Cap wont go past Dec 2007.

                I have tried the usual things - reistalled Ham Cap, reinstalled the
                SSN.dat file, looked in it to check it has post Dec 2007 dates, also
                tried reinstalling SNN.dat after editing out the pre Jan 2008 lines.
                It still wont go past Dec 2007.

                Interestingly,
                1. after editing out the pre Jan 2008 lines and reinstalling SSN.dat,
                Ham Cap still showed the months before that date - where did it get
                them from?
                2. After manually deleting and reinstalling Ham Cap, Hamcap still had
                my home coordinates - also, where did it get them from?

                I am running Vista on a laptop.

                Any help much appreciated as this is a great program/suite and I am
                keen to keep using it.

                regards
                Nigel McFetridge G8FIE