Re: [dxatlas] Skimmer on VHF/UHF

  • David Ackrill
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
      David Ackrill wrote:

      > I will try again using USB, as that allows me to go up to 50000Hz.

      Ooops, that's a typo of course. The maximum width, with the TS2000X in
      USB, is 5000Hz.

      Dave (G0DJA)
    • David Ackrill
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
        Thinking ahead a little...

        Is there a way to use the SDR-IQ/14 as a transverter IF, but have the
        Skimmer log the spots on a different frequency?

        For instance, in Europe the 4M band (70MHz) is becoming available in
        more countries to Amateurs but many/most commercial radios don't cover
        the band. Or, even if they do the resultant signals and receivers are
        poor. Therefore, many people use a transverter for that band.

        Similarly, on the higher microwave bands it's not uncommon to use
        transverters from bands such as 10m/2m or even 70cm.

        Dave (G0DJA)