CW Skimmer with SDR-IQ

  • k0ivk
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
      I have the RF Space SDR-IQ RX, I downloaded the trial CW Skimmer but I
      need information on how to connect the Audio I/O. Do I need 2 sound
      cards installed?
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
        Hi Joe,

        You need only one soundcard for audio output, the input is done via the USB
        connection to the radio. Make sure that you have v.1.1 of CW Skimmer, v.1.0
        does not support SDR-IQ. The setup instructions are in the Help file, under
        Configuration / Radio / SDR-IQ.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
          Alex
          Thanks for the reply. I have V1.1 and I think I have everything set as
          per the help file for the SDR-IQ. I selected the SDR-IQ in the Hdwe
          type, I've tried all the sampling rates(my SDR-IQ is set at 150Khz BW)
          CW pitch is set at 700Hz on both Spectravue and CW Skimmer. The
          soundcard is showing already in the AudioI/O box, I have tried both MME
          and WDM for soundcard driver. The SDR-IQ is working fine and I
          downloaded the sample recording for CW skimmer and it worked fine. But
          trying to use it with the SDR-IQ, I dont get any display on CW SKIMMER
          and when I click on Start/Stop button on CW Skimmer I get the
          message "Unable to Create the SDR14X Object.
          Hope you can help I'm sure hoping I can get CW Skimmer going!!
          Thanks, Joe k0ivk
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008
            Joe,

            Do not run SpectraVue when CW Skimmer is running in the SDR-IQ mode. Make
            sure that the dll is registered as described in the Help file.

            Please send your further messages to my direct email as most subscribers of
            this group are not interested in the details of your setup.