SDR-IQ vs SoftRock

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 7:18 AM
      I'm getting some odd results from comparison tests between my SoftRock 20
      and the SDR-IQ, used with CW Skimmer. During the YU contest today, over a
      span of about 10 minutes, I ran tests of 1 and 2 minutes duration, to see
      how many calls each harvested, and, very roughly, how many were miscopied.

      1 minute test

      SDR-IQ SoftRock

      26 calls 36 calls no junk on either one

      2 minute test

      SDR-IQ SoftRock

      31 calls, 1 miscopy 54 calls, 5 miscopies

      Both SDRs were connected directly to the RX antenna loop of my TS-930. The
      SDR-IQ had both HF and IF gains wide open.

      I suspect the need for a splitter or buffer amp may account for this. I
      can hear a clear reduction in signals on the TS-930 when I connect the
      SDR-IQ, but not when I connect the SoftRock. It seems reasonable to assume
      from this that the sensitivity of the SDR-IQ may be reduced by the sharing
      with the TS-930, perhaps more than that of the SoftRock. I'm building a
      Z-10000U buffer amp, so I'll be able to test this theory soon.

      In the meantime, any other thoughts?