Re: Help Needed with Skimmer/Telnet

  • Barry GM3YEH
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
      I've managed to set up 2 virtual COM ports using a virtual serial
      port tool from Eltima Software. One goes to CW Skimmer and the
      other to N1MM. The 2 virtual ports are connected to my real port
      where I have the rig CAT control. This works fine now with
      Skimmer/N1MM/rig all talking to each other as expected - but there's
      a bit of a drawback. The Eltima tool costs about 100GBP (~200USD)
      so after the 14 day trial expires I'll be back to square one! Any
      (less expensive) would be very welcome.
      Barry GM3YEH.

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Barry GM3YEH" <bjbe@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Pete,
      >
      > CW Skimmer/telnet works perfectly with N1MM as you have already
      > mentioned. I don't know if I'm missing something obvious, but
      when I
      > run Skimmer in IF mode I need to give the rig CAT control to
      Skimmer

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2008
        Is that the Eltima Serial Splitter? I didn't realize it was that
        expensive. Still, not a bad fix if you can control the radio with either
        Skimmer or MM.

        73, Pete

      • rt_tclay
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
          I hope a feature can be added to allow seeing the full SoftRock
          bandwidth in "SoftRock-IF" mode (something like Softrock-IF-Wide
          mode). I currently use Skimmer connected to the IF of my K2 via a
          Softrock. To get the full 48 KHz I turn off CAT control and
          always park the K2 at a fixed freq. The center frequency is then
          entered by hand to get the spotted frequencies correct and must be
          changed manually if I change bands. Kind of a pain...

          Tor
          N4OGW