Re: [dxatlas] Faros 1.3 and probability values above 1.0

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2008
      Hi Greg,

      Faros is not officially supported on Vista and probably will never be.
      This program needs to accurately estimate the signal delay which requires a
      direct access to the WDM audio driver as described at the
      Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/DirectKS.mspx
      .
      Unfortunately, Microsoft states, "Be forewarned that the DirectKS approach
      is unlikely to work on operating systems after Windows XP and Windows Server
      2003".

      A number of users have reported that Faros worked fine on their Vista
      systems,
      so YMMV.