Re: [dxatlas] CWskimmer and wintest

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
      Hi Art,

      You should probably select the actual radio in the CAT settings of CW
      Skimmer. Without CAT control, the program has difficulties assigning the
      frequencies to the spots. Without frequencies, the spots cannot be placed on
      the band map.

      73 Alex VE3NEA

      HI all,
      I tried to use cwskimmer with the contest software wintest. This is
      the setting:
      - 3 kHz radio hardware type;
      - CAT: no radio;
      - Telnet server enabled

      I connect the cwskimmer telnet server with the wintest telnet client
      and it runs.

      When I go to the cluster window of wintest, I see the spots generated
      by cwskimmer , but I'm not able to see them in the radio1 bandmap of
      wintest. So, I'm not able to let the radio jumps to the frequency of
      the spots.

      Any suggestion ? May be the -# beside the call of the spotter ?

      Thanks

      73 de IK7JWY Art
    • ik7jwy
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008

        > Hi Art,
        >
        > You should probably select the actual radio in the CAT settings of CW
        > Skimmer. Without CAT control, the program has difficulties assigning
        the
        > frequencies to the spots. Without frequencies, the spots cannot be
        placed on
        > the band map.
        >
        > 73 Alex VE3NEA

        HI Alex,
        I think it's a problem of wintest, as Pete N4ZR said (TNX Pete). In
        fact, I tried right now to do the same thing with N1MM logger and it
        runs well !
        I sent a message to the wintest mailing list.

        73 de IK7JWY Art
      • ik7jwy
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2008
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ik7jwy" <engarturodaprile@...>
          wrote:

          > I sent a message to the wintest mailing list.

          HI,
          the problem has been fixed. In the development version 3.20 of wintest
          the Packet parser has been modified to comply with the CWSkimmer telnet
          pseudo-cluster syntax (the # char is now accepted).

          73 de IK7JWY Art
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 17, 2008
            Excellent!

            73, Pete N4ZR