Re: [dxatlas] CWskimmer and wintest

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
      Currently, Win-Test is the one and only logging program that has been shown
      not to work properly with CW Skimmer's telnet output. I have written to
      the authors, asking them to try to diagnose the problem, but to date I have
      had no response. I will write to them again, but you might do so as well -
      it will make it seem like a less academic exercise hi.

      73, Pete N4ZR

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
        One additional point - it is *probably* not the "-#" -- another win-Test
        user wrote a little app to strip that off before forwarding the Skimmer
        spots to Win-Test, and they still do not go through onto the bandmap.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
          Hi Art,

          You should probably select the actual radio in the CAT settings of CW
          Skimmer. Without CAT control, the program has difficulties assigning the
          frequencies to the spots. Without frequencies, the spots cannot be placed on
          the band map.

          73 Alex VE3NEA

          HI all,
          I tried to use cwskimmer with the contest software wintest. This is
          the setting:
          - 3 kHz radio hardware type;
          - CAT: no radio;
          - Telnet server enabled

          I connect the cwskimmer telnet server with the wintest telnet client
          and it runs.

          When I go to the cluster window of wintest, I see the spots generated
          by cwskimmer , but I'm not able to see them in the radio1 bandmap of
          wintest. So, I'm not able to let the radio jumps to the frequency of
          the spots.

          Any suggestion ? May be the -# beside the call of the spotter ?

          Thanks

          73 de IK7JWY Art
        • ik7jwy
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008

            > Hi Art,
            >
            > You should probably select the actual radio in the CAT settings of CW
            > Skimmer. Without CAT control, the program has difficulties assigning
            the
            > frequencies to the spots. Without frequencies, the spots cannot be
            placed on
            > the band map.
            >
            > 73 Alex VE3NEA

            HI Alex,
            I think it's a problem of wintest, as Pete N4ZR said (TNX Pete). In
            fact, I tried right now to do the same thing with N1MM logger and it
            runs well !
            I sent a message to the wintest mailing list.

            73 de IK7JWY Art
          • ik7jwy
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 15, 2008
              --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ik7jwy" <engarturodaprile@...>
              wrote:

              > I sent a message to the wintest mailing list.

              HI,
              the problem has been fixed. In the development version 3.20 of wintest
              the Packet parser has been modified to comply with the CWSkimmer telnet
              pseudo-cluster syntax (the # char is now accepted).

              73 de IK7JWY Art
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 17, 2008
                Excellent!

                73, Pete N4ZR