CWskimmer and wintest

  • ik7jwy
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8 6:08 AM
      HI all,
      I tried to use cwskimmer with the contest software wintest. This is
      the setting:
      - 3 kHz radio hardware type;
      - CAT: no radio;
      - Telnet server enabled

      I connect the cwskimmer telnet server with the wintest telnet client
      and it runs.

      When I go to the cluster window of wintest, I see the spots generated
      by cwskimmer , but I'm not able to see them in the radio1 bandmap of
      wintest. So, I'm not able to let the radio jumps to the frequency of
      the spots.

      Any suggestion ? May be the -# beside the call of the spotter ?

      Thanks

      73 de IK7JWY Art
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8 6:15 AM
        Currently, Win-Test is the one and only logging program that has been shown
        not to work properly with CW Skimmer's telnet output. I have written to
        the authors, asking them to try to diagnose the problem, but to date I have
        had no response. I will write to them again, but you might do so as well -
        it will make it seem like a less academic exercise hi.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8 6:21 AM
          One additional point - it is *probably* not the "-#" -- another win-Test
          user wrote a little app to strip that off before forwarding the Skimmer
          spots to Win-Test, and they still do not go through onto the bandmap.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 8 6:35 AM
            Hi Art,

            You should probably select the actual radio in the CAT settings of CW
            Skimmer. Without CAT control, the program has difficulties assigning the
            frequencies to the spots. Without frequencies, the spots cannot be placed on
            the band map.

            73 Alex VE3NEA

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 8 6:41 AM

              > Hi Art,
              >
              > You should probably select the actual radio in the CAT settings of CW
              > Skimmer. Without CAT control, the program has difficulties assigning
              the
              > frequencies to the spots. Without frequencies, the spots cannot be
              placed on
              > the band map.
              >
              > 73 Alex VE3NEA

              HI Alex,
              I think it's a problem of wintest, as Pete N4ZR said (TNX Pete). In
              fact, I tried right now to do the same thing with N1MM logger and it
              runs well !
              I sent a message to the wintest mailing list.

              73 de IK7JWY Art
            • ik7jwy
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 15 11:56 PM
                --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "ik7jwy" <engarturodaprile@...>
                wrote:

                > I sent a message to the wintest mailing list.

                HI,
                the problem has been fixed. In the development version 3.20 of wintest
                the Packet parser has been modified to comply with the CWSkimmer telnet
                pseudo-cluster syntax (the # char is now accepted).

                73 de IK7JWY Art
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 17 5:25 AM
                  Excellent!

                  73, Pete N4ZR