CW Skimmer and SDR-IQ - progress report

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 5:29 AM
      Yesterday, I received an SDR-IQ software defined receiver on loan from
      RFSpace (www.rfspace.com). It covers 500 Hz-30 MHz, all modes, and is about
      the size of 2 decks of cards side by side. The only connections required
      are antenna and a USB cable - it gets its power from the host
      computer. Very neat.

      PY1NB's reverse beacon server is up and running at
      http://skimmer.dxwatch.com for those who want a quick and easy look at the
      stations being heard here, with no need to set up telnet. For the next few
      mornings I will be monitoring the opening from Europe and then moving the
      SDR-IQ to 15 meters to see whether it opens, simulating how a contester
      might use this capability. Take a look!

      Our biggest need right now is for additional stations running wideband
      receivers and CW Skimmer to contribute data to the hub server. PY1NB has
      written a little helper application (working title, "the aggregator") that
      runs alongside CW Skimmer and translates its telnet output into web
      services format for transmission to the server. It (currently) requires
      that you set up Skimmer to telnet on port 7300, but then it handles
      communication with the server transparently, with no need tor you to fiddle
      with firewall settings, etc. You can download the aggregator
      at: http://skimmer.dxwatch.com/downloads/skimmer_aggregator.zip. If you
      are using the telnet output to feed your logging program, no problem - the
      aggregator coexists happily in that situation.