Re: [dxatlas] Bandmaster & MixW

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2004
      Hi Steve,

      > Hi Alex & group. Bandmaster is running very well with a Kenwood TS-440 and
      > desktop being remote accessed with a WiFi'd Thinkpad.

      Thank you for trying Band Master. I tested it only with my TS-570, it is
      nice to know that it works with other rigs as well.

      > I also am running
      > Mix2DxAtlas but I don't see 'Atlas' and 'MixW' 'talking' together through
      > Bandmaster. One conflict is sharing the COM port. Audio to the rig is. of
      > course uninterrupted, but working digital modes needs some sort of sharing
      > between the two programs' CATs.
      > It seems there was a piece of software out there that would create a
      > "virtual jumper" to enable sharing a COM port . Even if so, I suspect it
      may
      > be a cumbersome way to go.

      I developed a rig control engine called OmniRig that solves exactly that
      problem, and released it as freeware available to all programmers. The
      programs that use OmniRig have concurrent access to the transceiver and do
      not interfere with each other. Another advantage of OmniRig is its
      extensibility: to add support of a new rig, one just creates an ini file.

      Band Master is my first program that is based on OmniRig, more will come in
      the future. Another program that uses this engine is HamPort by Alex RZ4AG.
      All other developers are welcome to join the club.

      OmniRig is available at http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig