Bandmaster & MixW

  • Steve, KE8PA
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 8:50 AM
      Hi Alex & group. Bandmaster is running very well with a Kenwood TS-440 and a
      desktop being remote accessed with a WiFi'd Thinkpad. I also am running
      Mix2DxAtlas but I don't see 'Atlas' and 'MixW' 'talking' together through
      Bandmaster. One conflict is sharing the COM port. Audio to the rig is. of
      course uninterrupted, but working digital modes needs some sort of sharing
      between the two programs' CATs. I HAD been running SpotCollector with DxView
      , HamCap, and Ionoprobe, together with Mix2DxLabs, and results would
      transfer by double clicking the desired callsign. Am I missing something?
      Bandmaster certainly seems more efficient with system resources than the
      DxLabs combos, and I look forward to using your approach.
      It seems there was a piece of software out there that would create a
      "virtual jumper" to enable sharing a COM port . Even if so, I suspect it may
      be a cumbersome way to go.
      Anyway, running fine here on Windows XP at 2.4 Ghz all the way down to
      Windows 98se at 233 Mhz. Looking forward to learning more about using it.
      73's Steve KE8PA