RE: [dxatlas] DXAtlas Registration Key

  • Robert Carroll
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
      To paraphrase someone, "it depends on what you mean by always." Check out
      this link http://www.pcguide.com/ref/fdd/confReliability-c.html The mean
      time to failure of a written-at-home floppy is low. Better to write to a
      $0.15 CD-but a lot of them are not long-lived either.

      As the floppy has faded way, the mean time to failure has faded away too as
      producers have cheapened the processing.

      YMMV

      73

      Bob W2WG

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
        For my really important stuff, I use a program called backup4all. I have two separate backups set up. One goes to my flash drive, and the other to an ftp site. I have it running every morning about 4am. It only backs up changed files, so the backups are pretty quick.

        Hal
        NN8L

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 10, 2008
          Hi.
          I always save reg details to a cd / dvd as well as uploading them to a
          password protected folder on or in my web space.

          73es.

          Terry.

          To paraphrase someone, "it depends on what you mean by always." Check out
          this link http://www.pcguide.com/ref/fdd/confReliability-c.html The mean
          time to failure of a written-at-home floppy is low. Better to write to a
          $0.15 CD-but a lot of them are not long-lived either.

          As the floppy has faded way, the mean time to failure has faded away too as
          producers have cheapened the processing.

          YMMV

          73

          Bob W2WG

          Recent Activity