Re: [dxatlas] DXAtlas Registration Key

  • AA0OI
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 10 11:52 AM
      Mark:
      I save all registration keys on a 3 1/2 floppy. then you'll always have a copy.

      Garrett / AA0OI

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 10 3:31 PM
        To paraphrase someone, "it depends on what you mean by always." Check out
        this link http://www.pcguide.com/ref/fdd/confReliability-c.html The mean
        time to failure of a written-at-home floppy is low. Better to write to a
        $0.15 CD-but a lot of them are not long-lived either.

        As the floppy has faded way, the mean time to failure has faded away too as
        producers have cheapened the processing.

        YMMV

        73

        Bob W2WG

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 10 4:40 PM
          For my really important stuff, I use a program called backup4all. I have two separate backups set up. One goes to my flash drive, and the other to an ftp site. I have it running every morning about 4am. It only backs up changed files, so the backups are pretty quick.

          Hal
          NN8L

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 10 4:41 PM
            Hi.
            I always save reg details to a cd / dvd as well as uploading them to a
            password protected folder on or in my web space.

            73es.

            Terry.

            To paraphrase someone, "it depends on what you mean by always." Check out
            this link http://www.pcguide.com/ref/fdd/confReliability-c.html The mean
            time to failure of a written-at-home floppy is low. Better to write to a
            $0.15 CD-but a lot of them are not long-lived either.

            As the floppy has faded way, the mean time to failure has faded away too as
            producers have cheapened the processing.

            YMMV

            73

            Bob W2WG

            Recent Activity