Ionoprobe

  • Jeffrey Okamitsu
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 5 6:24 AM
      Alex.

      Can you help me with Ionoprobe?

      I have the latest version of the program and I have
      registered it.

      However, it does not auto download AND I don't see the
      icons at the lower right hand corner of the window.

      I have heard that it could be the way windows or my
      browser are setup, but I don't know what to check.

      I'm running Windows XP SP, IE V7.

      And, I also have Norton 360 installed.

      Can you help?

      73.

      Jeff
    • Bob Williams
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
        I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
        last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
        problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
        fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
        earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
        Many thanks G1BCZ.
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
          Bob, I am showing "Aurora = 2" as of an hour ago. Not sure what might be
          blocking your data flow but you might try dumping your Internet
          Browser Cashe just in case it is feeding you some sort of old
          information. It may even be using the old IonoProbe program on you
          without you being aware.

          Bruce,K2BET
          -----------------

          Bob Williams wrote:

          > I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
          > last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
          > problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
          > fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
          > earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
          > Many thanks G1BCZ.

          > http://www.eset.com
        • John T. Fleming
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
            Bruce and Bob,

            I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
            config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
            would look at the IonoProbe web sight.

            73,

            John

            _____

            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
              Both of us have that challenge, John, but I think you are correct. I am
              recalling something about that as well.

              bet

              John T. Fleming wrote:

              > Bruce and Bob,
              >
              > I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
              > config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
              > would look at the IonoProbe web sight.
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > John
              >
              > _____
              >
              > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

            • Bob Williams
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                Hi John and Bruce
                Thanks for the help, I should have looked on the Ionoprobe website
                first. The version I had got was three verions old. I have
                downloaded and installed the latest version, no more problems. I
                should have known that Alex would resolve the aurora problem pretty
                fast.
                Bob
                --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@...>

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                  Glad to hear of your success!

                  I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                  receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                  seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                  consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.

                  Anyone here familiar with that play field?

                  I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                  make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                  Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                  Bruce, K2BET

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                    At 06:49 PM 9/11/2008, K2BET wrote:
                    >Glad to hear of your success!
                    >
                    >I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                    > receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                    >seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                    >consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.
                    >
                    >Anyone here familiar with that play field?
                    >
                    >I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                    >make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                    >Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                    Info in the help file is limited:

                    "Install the Si570-USB driver

                    Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from
                    <http://www.mydarc.de/dg8saq/SI570/index.shtml>this web page. The driver
                    files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract
                    them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When
                    prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

                    Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking
                    the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog."

                    However, the 8.3 Lite RX in its basic form does not have a USB
                    connection. The way I used Rocky with it (I now have an SDR-IQ) was to
                    select multi-band on Rocky's DSP tab, and then enter the 8.3 local
                    oscillator frequency for each band in the Rocky.ini, like this:

                    [Bands]
                    1.8_MHz=1846000
                    3.5_MHz=3546000
                    7.0_MHz=7046000
                    14.0_MHz=14046000
                    21.0_MHz=21046000
                    28.0_MHz=28046000

                    You'll need to determine the actual Si570 frequency on each band, to get
                    the frequency calibration correct.

                    73, Pete
                  • F6DYA (Alain)
                    Message 9 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                      Everything is correct on my side.

                      73
                    • John T. Fleming
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                        I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                        and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.

                        73,

                        John

                        _____

                          I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried re-installing to no effect. Looks like the data format has been changed, yet again.
                          Alex Help!!!!
                          Bob G1BCZ

                          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...> wrote:

                          > I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                          > and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.
                          >

                          > 73,
                          >
                          > John
                          >

                          > _____

                        • Dan Schaaf
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                            I also have the same problem. No data.

                            Dan K3ZXL

                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                              My data appears up to date and all is working fine. Windows XP Pro....
                              Comcast source

                              Dan Schaaf wrote:

                              > I also have the same problem. No data.
                              >
                              > Dan K3ZXL

                            • James Streible
                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                Well fellows---I must report mine is working now.
                                One computer started working on it's own and in
                                the meantime Alex sent me a new schedule ini
                                by e-mail that I loaded into this computer by replacing
                                the original ini and it is now working.

                                Not being a "Computer Weenie" I have no idea what
                                that is but--it worked.

                                Maybe Alex can put it up in the files section or somewhere
                                and those still having problems can down load and install
                                the new file.

                                Thanks for all the replies to my problem and
                                Thanks to Alex for the fast service.

                                73,

                                Jim K4DLI

                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  NOAA switched from the GOES11 to GOES14 satellite on December 1. The data
                                  from this satellite was used for the X-ray and Protons plots on the Week tab
                                  in IonoProbe. The updated Schedule.ini file is available on my web site, in
                                  the folder from which IonoProbe automatically downloads the schedule every 5
                                  days. Therefore, most users already have the new schedule, the rest of them
                                  will have it in a couple of days.