Re: [dxatlas] Ionoprobe

    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hi Bob,

      There are no gaps in the X-ray flux data, but the values are mostly zero.
      Just in case you have an old Schedule.ini file, download the latest one from
      http://www.dxatlas.com/Tech/Sked131.ini .

      Auroral indices were not available for a couple of days, but now they are
      OK.

      Suddenly (last two days)Ionoprobe has stopped downloading Aurora data.
      Is the Aurora data no longer available? or has something happened to
      Ionoprobe. It also is not downloading X Ray flux data again. It started
      to when the new config file was loaded but stopped shortly afterwards.
      Bob G1BCZ
    • Jeffrey Okamitsu
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 5, 2008
        Alex.

        Can you help me with Ionoprobe?

        I have the latest version of the program and I have
        registered it.

        However, it does not auto download AND I don't see the
        icons at the lower right hand corner of the window.

        I have heard that it could be the way windows or my
        browser are setup, but I don't know what to check.

        I'm running Windows XP SP, IE V7.

        And, I also have Norton 360 installed.

        Can you help?

        73.

        Jeff
      • Bob Williams
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
          I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
          last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
          problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
          fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
          earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
          Many thanks G1BCZ.
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
            Bob, I am showing "Aurora = 2" as of an hour ago. Not sure what might be
            blocking your data flow but you might try dumping your Internet
            Browser Cashe just in case it is feeding you some sort of old
            information. It may even be using the old IonoProbe program on you
            without you being aware.

            Bruce,K2BET
            -----------------

            Bob Williams wrote:

            > I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
            > last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
            > problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
            > fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
            > earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
            > Many thanks G1BCZ.

            > http://www.eset.com
          • John T. Fleming
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
              Bruce and Bob,

              I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
              config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
              would look at the IonoProbe web sight.

              73,

              John

              _____

              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                Both of us have that challenge, John, but I think you are correct. I am
                recalling something about that as well.

                bet

                John T. Fleming wrote:

                > Bruce and Bob,
                >
                > I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
                > config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
                > would look at the IonoProbe web sight.
                >
                > 73,
                >
                > John
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

              • Bob Williams
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                  Hi John and Bruce
                  Thanks for the help, I should have looked on the Ionoprobe website
                  first. The version I had got was three verions old. I have
                  downloaded and installed the latest version, no more problems. I
                  should have known that Alex would resolve the aurora problem pretty
                  fast.
                  Bob
                  --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@...>

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                    Glad to hear of your success!

                    I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                    receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                    seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                    consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.

                    Anyone here familiar with that play field?

                    I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                    make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                    Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                    Bruce, K2BET

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                      At 06:49 PM 9/11/2008, K2BET wrote:
                      >Glad to hear of your success!
                      >
                      >I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                      > receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                      >seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                      >consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.
                      >
                      >Anyone here familiar with that play field?
                      >
                      >I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                      >make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                      >Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                      Info in the help file is limited:

                      "Install the Si570-USB driver

                      Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from
                      <http://www.mydarc.de/dg8saq/SI570/index.shtml>this web page. The driver
                      files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract
                      them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When
                      prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

                      Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking
                      the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog."

                      However, the 8.3 Lite RX in its basic form does not have a USB
                      connection. The way I used Rocky with it (I now have an SDR-IQ) was to
                      select multi-band on Rocky's DSP tab, and then enter the 8.3 local
                      oscillator frequency for each band in the Rocky.ini, like this:

                      [Bands]
                      1.8_MHz=1846000
                      3.5_MHz=3546000
                      7.0_MHz=7046000
                      14.0_MHz=14046000
                      21.0_MHz=21046000
                      28.0_MHz=28046000

                      You'll need to determine the actual Si570 frequency on each band, to get
                      the frequency calibration correct.

                      73, Pete
                    • F6DYA (Alain)
                      Message 10 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                        Everything is correct on my side.

                        73
                      • John T. Fleming
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                          I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                          and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.

                          73,

                          John

                          _____

                            I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried re-installing to no effect. Looks like the data format has been changed, yet again.
                            Alex Help!!!!
                            Bob G1BCZ

                            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...> wrote:

                            > I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                            > and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.
                            >

                            > 73,
                            >
                            > John
                            >

                            > _____

                          • Dan Schaaf
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                              I also have the same problem. No data.

                              Dan K3ZXL

                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                My data appears up to date and all is working fine. Windows XP Pro....
                                Comcast source

                                Dan Schaaf wrote:

                                > I also have the same problem. No data.
                                >
                                > Dan K3ZXL

                              • James Streible
                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  Well fellows---I must report mine is working now.
                                  One computer started working on it's own and in
                                  the meantime Alex sent me a new schedule ini
                                  by e-mail that I loaded into this computer by replacing
                                  the original ini and it is now working.

                                  Not being a "Computer Weenie" I have no idea what
                                  that is but--it worked.

                                  Maybe Alex can put it up in the files section or somewhere
                                  and those still having problems can down load and install
                                  the new file.

                                  Thanks for all the replies to my problem and
                                  Thanks to Alex for the fast service.

                                  73,

                                  Jim K4DLI

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                    NOAA switched from the GOES11 to GOES14 satellite on December 1. The data
                                    from this satellite was used for the X-ray and Protons plots on the Week tab
                                    in IonoProbe. The updated Schedule.ini file is available on my web site, in
                                    the folder from which IonoProbe automatically downloads the schedule every 5
                                    days. Therefore, most users already have the new schedule, the rest of them
                                    will have it in a couple of days.