Ionoprobe

  • Bob Williams
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 4, 2008
      Suddenly (last two days)Ionoprobe has stopped downloading Aurora data.
      Is the Aurora data no longer available? or has something happened to
      Ionoprobe. It also is not downloading X Ray flux data again. It started
      to when the new config file was loaded but stopped shortly afterwards.
      Bob G1BCZ
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 4, 2008
        Hi Bob,

        There are no gaps in the X-ray flux data, but the values are mostly zero.
        Just in case you have an old Schedule.ini file, download the latest one from
        http://www.dxatlas.com/Tech/Sked131.ini .

        Auroral indices were not available for a couple of days, but now they are
        OK.

        Suddenly (last two days)Ionoprobe has stopped downloading Aurora data.
        Is the Aurora data no longer available? or has something happened to
        Ionoprobe. It also is not downloading X Ray flux data again. It started
        to when the new config file was loaded but stopped shortly afterwards.
        Bob G1BCZ
      • Jeffrey Okamitsu
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 5, 2008
          Alex.

          Can you help me with Ionoprobe?

          I have the latest version of the program and I have
          registered it.

          However, it does not auto download AND I don't see the
          icons at the lower right hand corner of the window.

          I have heard that it could be the way windows or my
          browser are setup, but I don't know what to check.

          I'm running Windows XP SP, IE V7.

          And, I also have Norton 360 installed.

          Can you help?

          73.

          Jeff
        • Bob Williams
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
            I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
            last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
            problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
            fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
            earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
            Many thanks G1BCZ.
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
              Bob, I am showing "Aurora = 2" as of an hour ago. Not sure what might be
              blocking your data flow but you might try dumping your Internet
              Browser Cashe just in case it is feeding you some sort of old
              information. It may even be using the old IonoProbe program on you
              without you being aware.

              Bruce,K2BET
              -----------------

              Bob Williams wrote:

              > I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
              > last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
              > problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
              > fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
              > earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
              > Many thanks G1BCZ.

              > http://www.eset.com
            • John T. Fleming
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                Bruce and Bob,

                I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
                config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
                would look at the IonoProbe web sight.

                73,

                John

                _____

                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                  Both of us have that challenge, John, but I think you are correct. I am
                  recalling something about that as well.

                  bet

                  John T. Fleming wrote:

                  > Bruce and Bob,
                  >
                  > I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
                  > config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
                  > would look at the IonoProbe web sight.
                  >
                  > 73,
                  >
                  > John
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                • Bob Williams
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                    Hi John and Bruce
                    Thanks for the help, I should have looked on the Ionoprobe website
                    first. The version I had got was three verions old. I have
                    downloaded and installed the latest version, no more problems. I
                    should have known that Alex would resolve the aurora problem pretty
                    fast.
                    Bob
                    --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@...>

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                      Glad to hear of your success!

                      I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                      receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                      seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                      consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.

                      Anyone here familiar with that play field?

                      I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                      make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                      Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                      Bruce, K2BET

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 11, 2008
                        At 06:49 PM 9/11/2008, K2BET wrote:
                        >Glad to hear of your success!
                        >
                        >I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                        > receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                        >seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                        >consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.
                        >
                        >Anyone here familiar with that play field?
                        >
                        >I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                        >make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                        >Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                        Info in the help file is limited:

                        "Install the Si570-USB driver

                        Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from
                        <http://www.mydarc.de/dg8saq/SI570/index.shtml>this web page. The driver
                        files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract
                        them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When
                        prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

                        Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking
                        the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog."

                        However, the 8.3 Lite RX in its basic form does not have a USB
                        connection. The way I used Rocky with it (I now have an SDR-IQ) was to
                        select multi-band on Rocky's DSP tab, and then enter the 8.3 local
                        oscillator frequency for each band in the Rocky.ini, like this:

                        [Bands]
                        1.8_MHz=1846000
                        3.5_MHz=3546000
                        7.0_MHz=7046000
                        14.0_MHz=14046000
                        21.0_MHz=21046000
                        28.0_MHz=28046000

                        You'll need to determine the actual Si570 frequency on each band, to get
                        the frequency calibration correct.

                        73, Pete
                      • F6DYA (Alain)
                        Message 11 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                          Everything is correct on my side.

                          73
                        • John T. Fleming
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                            I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                            and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.

                            73,

                            John

                            _____

                              I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried re-installing to no effect. Looks like the data format has been changed, yet again.
                              Alex Help!!!!
                              Bob G1BCZ

                              --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...> wrote:

                              > I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                              > and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.
                              >

                              > 73,
                              >
                              > John
                              >

                              > _____

                            • Dan Schaaf
                              Message 14 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                I also have the same problem. No data.

                                Dan K3ZXL

                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  My data appears up to date and all is working fine. Windows XP Pro....
                                  Comcast source

                                  Dan Schaaf wrote:

                                  > I also have the same problem. No data.
                                  >
                                  > Dan K3ZXL

                                • James Streible
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                    Well fellows---I must report mine is working now.
                                    One computer started working on it's own and in
                                    the meantime Alex sent me a new schedule ini
                                    by e-mail that I loaded into this computer by replacing
                                    the original ini and it is now working.

                                    Not being a "Computer Weenie" I have no idea what
                                    that is but--it worked.

                                    Maybe Alex can put it up in the files section or somewhere
                                    and those still having problems can down load and install
                                    the new file.

                                    Thanks for all the replies to my problem and
                                    Thanks to Alex for the fast service.

                                    73,

                                    Jim K4DLI

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                      NOAA switched from the GOES11 to GOES14 satellite on December 1. The data
                                      from this satellite was used for the X-ray and Protons plots on the Week tab
                                      in IonoProbe. The updated Schedule.ini file is available on my web site, in
                                      the folder from which IonoProbe automatically downloads the schedule every 5
                                      days. Therefore, most users already have the new schedule, the rest of them
                                      will have it in a couple of days.