Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hi Bruce,

      Thank you for answering Spencer's questions, your answers were perfectly
      correct and very detailed.

      > For some reason Alex's program seems to
      > jump beyond the 'sweet spot' in my setup so that I have to juggle it a
      > few times to get it to read the text reliably.

      In the 3-kHz mode, this happens because the CW Pitch setting in the Skimmer
      is incorrect. Change it slightly until you have a perfect match between the
      actual operating frequency of your transceiver and the frequency marked with
      a green triangle in CW Skimmer. In the SoftRock-IF mode, you would have to
      adjust the Audio IF frequency instead to achieve the same result.

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • Spencer Shields
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2008
        Thanks Alex. A few more things to try to get it working better.
        I agree with others, that it is a great program. 73 Spencer W7SUR

        To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.comFrom: alshovk@...: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 10:45:42 -0500Subject: Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer

        Hi Bruce,Thank you for answering Spencer's questions, your answers were perfectly correct and very detailed.> For some reason Alex's program seems to> jump beyond the 'sweet spot' in my setup so that I have to juggle it a> few times to get it to read the text reliably.In the 3-kHz mode, this happens because the CW Pitch setting in the Skimmer is incorrect. Change it slightly until you have a perfect match between the actual operating frequency of your transceiver and the frequency marked with a green triangle in CW Skimmer. In the SoftRock-IF mode, you would have to adjust the Audio IF frequency instead to achieve the same result.73 Alex VE3NEA

      • Yves
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 6, 2010
          Hi

          I have installed cw skimmer in demo version under windows 7.
          CW SKIMMER does not work. Not compatible with Win 7 I suppose.
          I am not sure and wait your opinions
          Best 73's ...F5SZY
        • PT2CC Yahoo
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 11, 2010
            Hi guys,
            There is a way to send Call Sign and Band/Frequency from CW Skimmer to the contact software catalogue like DX4Win or any other?
            If not, how can I register (automatic way) the QSOs, please? I will need to fill manually all data? Any ideas?

            Thanks from PT2CC Mac
          • Steve Ellington
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 11, 2010
              Yes. You can setup your logging software's telnet to receive updates from cwskimmer. Use address 'localhost' port 7300.
              It will then show all your calls in your dxspot window. You can extract data from QRZ to populate the log. I use Logger32 for doing this and it works fine.

              Steve

              There is a way to send Call Sign and Band/Frequency from CW Skimmer to the contact software catalogue like DX4Win or any other?
              If not, how can I register (automatic way) the QSOs, please? I will need to fill manually all data? Any ideas?

              Thanks from PT2CC Mac

            • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 12, 2010
                I was seen “Introduction to CW Skimmer, by Pete Smith N4ZR” and he explain
                how to set DX4Win to get

                On DX4Win – Preferences - Packet1 – Cluster interface set to:

                Type: Regular

                COM PORT: TCP/IP

                Message handshake: “Skimmer>Skimmer,localhost:7300”

                Baud Rate: 9600

                Flow Control: None

                Data/Parity: 8 bits/no parity

                On CW Skimmer Agregator only follow the installation instructions and do not
                forget to let the same Port 7300.

                I do not know yet how can I get – via WEB, not via local CD or DVD data -
                QRZ data on DX4Win, but I will ask about that on DX4Win reflector.

                Many thanks Pete and 73

                from PT2CC Mac