Re: [dxatlas] Faros 1.3

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
      Hi Bruce,

      Download Faros and open the Readme.txt file in the zip. If this file has
      "Faros 1.2" on the first line, then you are not downloading the latest file
      but getting an old one from the cache. The file on the DxAtlas web site is
      v.1.3 and has this version number in the Readme.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
        Sounds right! I will empty the cashe and re-download. Thanks for the
        speedy response on these questions!

        Bruce, K2BET
        ---------------------

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
          Still learning at age 65! I dumped the cashe, did the download and
          install and all is well with 1.3. Thanks very much!

          bet
          ----------------

          Bruce Tanner wrote:

          > Sounds right! I will empty the cashe and re-download. Thanks for the
          > speedy response on these questions!
          >
          > Bruce, K2BET
          > ---------------------
          >
          > Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Bruce,
          > >
          > > Download Faros and open the Readme.txt file in the zip. If this file has
          > > "Faros 1.2" on the first line, then you are not downloading the latest
          > > file
          > > but getting an old one from the cache. The file on the DxAtlas web
          > > site is
          > > v.1.3 and has this version number in the Readme.
          > >
          > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

        • Dave Baxter
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
            Hi Alex..

            Just got back from a vacation.

            OK, so what are the "maintenance" changes with Faros 1.3, out of
            curiosity.

            I plan to put mine back up and working, after a shack re-shuffle, and
            repairing the HF wire ant, that came down in a storm while I was away.

            Cheers.

            Dave G0WBX.
            This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited. www.palmercook.co.uk
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
              Hi Dave,

              "Maintenance release" means that, if Faros works fine on your system, you do
              not need this update.
              Please see version history in the Readme file for the list of changes.