Re: [dxatlas] Faros 1.3

  • D. Mynatt
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1 9:51 AM
      Thank you. A wonderful product.

      Dave Mynatt
      Pueblo, CO

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:22 AM
      Subject: [dxatlas] Faros 1.3

      Faros 1.3 is available at http://www.dxatlas.com/faros . This is a
      maintenance release.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1 3:41 PM
        Alex, I have downloaded the Faros 1.3 but still have 1.2 registered
        after installation. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I was not sure
        if the version number actually changes with a 'maintenance' version
        update. Thanks for the nice program. I have it now running regularly
        using my Intel desktop connected to an IC-706 Mk II G via the SignaLink
        USB interface. Works really well!

        Bruce, K2BET

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1 3:47 PM
          Hi Bruce,

          You seem to have both v.1.2 and 1.3 installed in different directories. I
          would find and uninstall both, and then install the latest version.

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1 10:06 PM
            Alex, I deleted two earlier folders and deleted the program using
            "Install/Uninstall" feature on XP. I downloaded a new Faros file and
            still ended up with a Version 1.2. What am I missing?

            Bruce, K2BET
            ---------------------

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2 7:10 AM
              Hi Bruce,

              Download Faros and open the Readme.txt file in the zip. If this file has
              "Faros 1.2" on the first line, then you are not downloading the latest file
              but getting an old one from the cache. The file on the DxAtlas web site is
              v.1.3 and has this version number in the Readme.

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2 8:36 AM
                Sounds right! I will empty the cashe and re-download. Thanks for the
                speedy response on these questions!

                Bruce, K2BET
                ---------------------

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2 9:16 AM
                  Still learning at age 65! I dumped the cashe, did the download and
                  install and all is well with 1.3. Thanks very much!

                  bet
                  ----------------

                  Bruce Tanner wrote:

                  > Sounds right! I will empty the cashe and re-download. Thanks for the
                  > speedy response on these questions!
                  >
                  > Bruce, K2BET
                  > ---------------------
                  >
                  > Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi Bruce,
                  > >
                  > > Download Faros and open the Readme.txt file in the zip. If this file has
                  > > "Faros 1.2" on the first line, then you are not downloading the latest
                  > > file
                  > > but getting an old one from the cache. The file on the DxAtlas web
                  > > site is
                  > > v.1.3 and has this version number in the Readme.
                  > >
                  > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                • Dave Baxter
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4 6:26 AM
                    Hi Alex..

                    Just got back from a vacation.

                    OK, so what are the "maintenance" changes with Faros 1.3, out of
                    curiosity.

                    I plan to put mine back up and working, after a shack re-shuffle, and
                    repairing the HF wire ant, that came down in a storm while I was away.

                    Cheers.

                    Dave G0WBX.
                    This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited. www.palmercook.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4 6:34 AM
                      Hi Dave,

                      "Maintenance release" means that, if Faros works fine on your system, you do
                      not need this update.
                      Please see version history in the Readme file for the list of changes.