Faros 1.3

  • Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
      Faros 1.3 is available at http://www.dxatlas.com/faros . This is a
      maintenance release.

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • D. Mynatt
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
        Thank you. A wonderful product.

        Dave Mynatt
        Pueblo, CO

        ----- Original Message -----
        From: Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA
        To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:22 AM
        Subject: [dxatlas] Faros 1.3

        Faros 1.3 is available at http://www.dxatlas.com/faros . This is a
        maintenance release.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
          Alex, I have downloaded the Faros 1.3 but still have 1.2 registered
          after installation. Is that the way it is supposed to be? I was not sure
          if the version number actually changes with a 'maintenance' version
          update. Thanks for the nice program. I have it now running regularly
          using my Intel desktop connected to an IC-706 Mk II G via the SignaLink
          USB interface. Works really well!

          Bruce, K2BET

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
            Hi Bruce,

            You seem to have both v.1.2 and 1.3 installed in different directories. I
            would find and uninstall both, and then install the latest version.

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
              Alex, I deleted two earlier folders and deleted the program using
              "Install/Uninstall" feature on XP. I downloaded a new Faros file and
              still ended up with a Version 1.2. What am I missing?

              Bruce, K2BET
              ---------------------

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
                Hi Bruce,

                Download Faros and open the Readme.txt file in the zip. If this file has
                "Faros 1.2" on the first line, then you are not downloading the latest file
                but getting an old one from the cache. The file on the DxAtlas web site is
                v.1.3 and has this version number in the Readme.

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
                  Sounds right! I will empty the cashe and re-download. Thanks for the
                  speedy response on these questions!

                  Bruce, K2BET
                  ---------------------

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
                    Still learning at age 65! I dumped the cashe, did the download and
                    install and all is well with 1.3. Thanks very much!

                    bet
                    ----------------

                    Bruce Tanner wrote:

                    > Sounds right! I will empty the cashe and re-download. Thanks for the
                    > speedy response on these questions!
                    >
                    > Bruce, K2BET
                    > ---------------------
                    >
                    > Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Bruce,
                    > >
                    > > Download Faros and open the Readme.txt file in the zip. If this file has
                    > > "Faros 1.2" on the first line, then you are not downloading the latest
                    > > file
                    > > but getting an old one from the cache. The file on the DxAtlas web
                    > > site is
                    > > v.1.3 and has this version number in the Readme.
                    > >
                    > > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                  • Dave Baxter
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
                      Hi Alex..

                      Just got back from a vacation.

                      OK, so what are the "maintenance" changes with Faros 1.3, out of
                      curiosity.

                      I plan to put mine back up and working, after a shack re-shuffle, and
                      repairing the HF wire ant, that came down in a storm while I was away.

                      Cheers.

                      Dave G0WBX.
                      This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited. www.palmercook.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
                        Hi Dave,

                        "Maintenance release" means that, if Faros works fine on your system, you do
                        not need this update.
                        Please see version history in the Readme file for the list of changes.