CW Skimmer and Ten-Tec RX-320D

  • rowlanda1
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
      I've been playing with CW Skimmer and the 3Khz audio setting. It
      occurred to me that my Ten-Tec RX-320D has a 12 kHz IF output that
      would give me some more bandwidth. From reading a few posts here I
      gather this won't work without Alex or someone doing some programming,
      so let me just add this to the wish list.

      73,
      Rowland K4XD
    • John T. Fleming
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
        Rowland,

        The Jupiter and Pegasus both have 12 MHz IF and it is easy to tap them. The
        IF in the Orion is 14.5 KHz and I am able to listen to DRM radio using it.
        I don't have CW Skimmer but it sounds like something I should try.

        73,

        John

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 29, 2008
          Hi Rowland,

          You can try and use your RX-320 receiver with CW Skimmer in the SoftRock-IF
          mode. You will have two copies of the spectrum on the waterfall because the
          output from the radio is not quadrature (I/Q), but you can use the upper
          half of the spectrum and have the whole 12 kHz segment displayed.