Time Sync for FAROS while portable?

  • Jack B.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2008
      Howdy All,
      I'm at work and received a question from another FAROS user who wanted
      to know how I was able to run FAROS while portable (and away from any
      Internet connection for the NTP connection). I don't have FAROS
      installed here at work and would like to answer his question; I seem
      to recall just listening to WWV and setting the computer manually.
      But I seem to recall there being an error if FAROS couldn't connect to
      an NTP server.

      Anyone else run FAROS out and about? I find it absolutely a must-have
      when I'm out portable. Seems like an indispensible tool for a
      DXPedition (or anyone who needs to know what 14Mc-28Mc propagation is
      like at their QTH).

      73!
      Jack, K6JEB
      www.k6jeb.com
    • UA6LGO
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 29, 2008
        Hello Jack,

        JB> user who wanted
        JB> to know how I was able to run FAROS while portable (and away from any
        JB> Internet connection for the NTP connection).

        Try this magic conjuration: GPS TIME SYNCHRONIZATION. And GOOGLE will
        offer to you some solutions. For example, read this http://www.beaglesoft.com/gpsfaq.htm

        --
        Best regards,
        Sergey / UA6LGO mailto:ross@...