Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and SDR-IQ

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2008
      Hi Joe,

      I am working on interfacing CW Skimmer with SDR-IQ now. This is not easy
      because I do not have this radio, but Ed W2RF is doing an excellent job of
      testing my code. If we succeed, the next version of the Skimmer will support
      SDR-IQ.

      Anyone have any ideas on how to interface the RFSpace SDR-IQ to CW
      Skimmer? There's an ActiveX Control Interface on the RFSpace Support
      site that looks like it would make it easy to create an SDR-14/IQ
      interface. There's also a TCP/IP server that may work. Or, how about
      an SDR-14/IQ control program that includes a WDM interface?

      Obviously I'm not much of a programmer, but I'd really like to use my
      SDR-IQ with CW Skimmer. And I'd imagine there will be a large demand
      for interfacing CW Skimmer to these direct conversion receivers
      (SDR-IQ/14, QS1R, Mercury, etc.).

      Thanks

      Joe N6KK
    • Aerospace PoP Mail
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2008
        Hi Alex,

        Great news! I look forward to the CW Skimmer/SDR-IQ combination, should be killer.

        Another feature (of many that have been requested, I'm sure) would be a log of times when a particular station appears/disappears. I'd like to monitor the 50 MHz beacons 24/7 to study those elusive 6 meter openings. And maybe an alert function keyed on call/freq? Don't get me started .... Lower priority than some of the other functions you're working on, no doubt.

        Thanks

        Joe N6KK