Omni-Rig / FT-950

  • Terry
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 18, 2008
      Hello Before i register Bandmaster i wonder,does anyone know if the
      Yaesu FT - 950 is to be supported in some future release of Omni-Rig.

      Many Thanks.

      Terry.
    • Ed Laughery
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 18, 2008
        Hi Terry

        Although the FT-950 is not listed, if you haven't already done so, it would
        be useful to test OmniRig and the FT-950 with the other FT-xxx rig settings.
        There might be a few features not supported but the main requirements (Set
        VFO, etc) may work just fine. Although adding a full feature set for
        OmniRig may seem too much; adding a few unsupported features to an existing
        OmniRig definition file should be doable after a study of the excelllent
        OmniRig documentation.

        73 and Good Luck
        Ed N5XN

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 19, 2008
          Hi Ed.
          Thanks for the reply yes I will register Bandmaster in the next few
          minutes ! My demo version ran out before I got my new 950 - I will try the
          various FT radios and see if I can find one that will play with the 950 /
          OmniRig and Bandmaster combination.

          I have been a registered user of DX Atlas for around 5 years now and like
          the software a lot.

          Best Regards and 73es from a cold and foggy West Yorkshire !! No snow this
          winter YET !.

          Terry.

          Hi Terry

          Although the FT-950 is not listed, if you haven't already done so, it would
          be useful to test OmniRig and the FT-950 with the other FT-xxx rig settings.

          There might be a few features not supported but the main requirements (Set
          VFO, etc) may work just fine. Although adding a full feature set for
          OmniRig may seem too much; adding a few unsupported features to an existing
          OmniRig definition file should be doable after a study of the excelllent
          OmniRig documentation.

          73 and Good Luck
          Ed N5XN

          Recent Activity