Ionoprobe

  • pbednorz
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 18, 2008
      Hi Alex,
      after the failure of GOES11 and a change to GOES10 a few days ago, it
      seems that your new ini-schedule-file does not work any more since the
      beginning of Feb. 17. May you have a look at that problem.
      Regards Peter, DG1KPB
    • Bob Williams
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 4, 2008
        Suddenly (last two days)Ionoprobe has stopped downloading Aurora data.
        Is the Aurora data no longer available? or has something happened to
        Ionoprobe. It also is not downloading X Ray flux data again. It started
        to when the new config file was loaded but stopped shortly afterwards.
        Bob G1BCZ
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 4, 2008
          Hi Bob,

          There are no gaps in the X-ray flux data, but the values are mostly zero.
          Just in case you have an old Schedule.ini file, download the latest one from
          http://www.dxatlas.com/Tech/Sked131.ini .

          Auroral indices were not available for a couple of days, but now they are
          OK.

          Suddenly (last two days)Ionoprobe has stopped downloading Aurora data.
          Is the Aurora data no longer available? or has something happened to
          Ionoprobe. It also is not downloading X Ray flux data again. It started
          to when the new config file was loaded but stopped shortly afterwards.
          Bob G1BCZ
        • Jeffrey Okamitsu
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 5, 2008
            Alex.

            Can you help me with Ionoprobe?

            I have the latest version of the program and I have
            registered it.

            However, it does not auto download AND I don't see the
            icons at the lower right hand corner of the window.

            I have heard that it could be the way windows or my
            browser are setup, but I don't know what to check.

            I'm running Windows XP SP, IE V7.

            And, I also have Norton 360 installed.

            Can you help?

            73.

            Jeff
          • Bob Williams
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 11 6:28 AM
              I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
              last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
              problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
              fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
              earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
              Many thanks G1BCZ.
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 11 8:41 AM
                Bob, I am showing "Aurora = 2" as of an hour ago. Not sure what might be
                blocking your data flow but you might try dumping your Internet
                Browser Cashe just in case it is feeding you some sort of old
                information. It may even be using the old IonoProbe program on you
                without you being aware.

                Bruce,K2BET
                -----------------

                Bob Williams wrote:

                > I have just re installed the DX Atlas suite after upgrading my PC. I
                > last ran Ionoprobe back in July at that time I had aurora data download
                > problems I now find this is still the case. Despite a reinstall into a
                > fresh windows XP Pro. does anyone have an answer? I have looked at
                > earlier posts, but either there is nothing, or I have missed it.
                > Many thanks G1BCZ.

                > http://www.eset.com
              • John T. Fleming
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 11 9:31 AM
                  Bruce and Bob,

                  I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
                  config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
                  would look at the IonoProbe web sight.

                  73,

                  John

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 11 9:49 AM
                    Both of us have that challenge, John, but I think you are correct. I am
                    recalling something about that as well.

                    bet

                    John T. Fleming wrote:

                    > Bruce and Bob,
                    >
                    > I am really stretching my "senior" memory, but I thought there was a new
                    > config file that we needed to use because of some file location changes. I
                    > would look at the IonoProbe web sight.
                    >
                    > 73,
                    >
                    > John
                    >
                    > _____
                    >
                    > From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com

                  • Bob Williams
                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 11 3:43 PM
                      Hi John and Bruce
                      Thanks for the help, I should have looked on the Ionoprobe website
                      first. The version I had got was three verions old. I have
                      downloaded and installed the latest version, no more problems. I
                      should have known that Alex would resolve the aurora problem pretty
                      fast.
                      Bob
                      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <W3GQJ@...>

                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 11 3:49 PM
                        Glad to hear of your success!

                        I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                        receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                        seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                        consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.

                        Anyone here familiar with that play field?

                        I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                        make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                        Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                        Bruce, K2BET

                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 11 10:44 PM
                          At 06:49 PM 9/11/2008, K2BET wrote:
                          >Glad to hear of your success!
                          >
                          >I am trying to get 'Rocky' to work properly with the SoftRock V.8.3 Lite
                          > receiver. I am not sure how it is supposed to track the USB I2C VFO. I
                          >seem to be able to get different parts of the bands but nothing seems
                          >consistent, nor am I able to calibrate to the frequency readout.
                          >
                          >Anyone here familiar with that play field?
                          >
                          >I am rather facinated with the the new SDR kits. I have been able to
                          >make them work correctly with PowerSDR software but so far not with
                          >Rocky. What am I doing wrong?

                          Info in the help file is limited:

                          "Install the Si570-USB driver

                          Download the SI570_firmware.zip file from
                          <http://www.mydarc.de/dg8saq/SI570/index.shtml>this web page. The driver
                          files are located in si570\AVR-USB-Driver folder inside the zip. Extract
                          them into a new directory, and connect the Si570 unit to a USB port. When
                          prompted for the driver location, navigate to the extracted files.

                          Once the driver is installed, enable the Si570 support in Rocky by ticking
                          the Use Si570-USB check box in the Settings dialog."

                          However, the 8.3 Lite RX in its basic form does not have a USB
                          connection. The way I used Rocky with it (I now have an SDR-IQ) was to
                          select multi-band on Rocky's DSP tab, and then enter the 8.3 local
                          oscillator frequency for each band in the Rocky.ini, like this:

                          [Bands]
                          1.8_MHz=1846000
                          3.5_MHz=3546000
                          7.0_MHz=7046000
                          14.0_MHz=14046000
                          21.0_MHz=21046000
                          28.0_MHz=28046000

                          You'll need to determine the actual Si570 frequency on each band, to get
                          the frequency calibration correct.

                          73, Pete
                        • F6DYA (Alain)
                          Message 12 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                            Everything is correct on my side.

                            73
                          • John T. Fleming
                            Message 13 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                              I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                              and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.

                              73,

                              John

                              _____

                                I'm having exactly the same problem. I have tried re-installing to no effect. Looks like the data format has been changed, yet again.
                                Alex Help!!!!
                                Bob G1BCZ

                                --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "John T. Fleming" <john@...> wrote:

                                > I get the "!" when I do old and recent updates. Also the weekly Proton Flux
                                > and X-Ray Flux have not been updated since November 30.
                                >

                                > 73,
                                >
                                > John
                                >

                                > _____

                              • Dan Schaaf
                                Message 15 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                  I also have the same problem. No data.

                                  Dan K3ZXL

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                    My data appears up to date and all is working fine. Windows XP Pro....
                                    Comcast source

                                    Dan Schaaf wrote:

                                    > I also have the same problem. No data.
                                    >
                                    > Dan K3ZXL

                                  • James Streible
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                      Well fellows---I must report mine is working now.
                                      One computer started working on it's own and in
                                      the meantime Alex sent me a new schedule ini
                                      by e-mail that I loaded into this computer by replacing
                                      the original ini and it is now working.

                                      Not being a "Computer Weenie" I have no idea what
                                      that is but--it worked.

                                      Maybe Alex can put it up in the files section or somewhere
                                      and those still having problems can down load and install
                                      the new file.

                                      Thanks for all the replies to my problem and
                                      Thanks to Alex for the fast service.

                                      73,

                                      Jim K4DLI

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Dec 5, 2009
                                        NOAA switched from the GOES11 to GOES14 satellite on December 1. The data
                                        from this satellite was used for the X-ray and Protons plots on the Week tab
                                        in IonoProbe. The updated Schedule.ini file is available on my web site, in
                                        the folder from which IonoProbe automatically downloads the schedule every 5
                                        days. Therefore, most users already have the new schedule, the rest of them
                                        will have it in a couple of days.