Building a BRIDGE between OmniRig and DXLabs Suite....

  • jeraldvolpe
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2008
      Alex, I received this reply from Dave, , earlier today:

      RE: [dxlab] OmniRig once again...

      I looked at the Omni rig page at http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig/

      The Visual Basic example shows how to determine the rig's TX and RX
      frequencies and mode from OmniRig, but does not show how to set the
      rig's frequency or mode. The Pascal example does set the rig
      frequency, but when I tried its equivalent in VB the rig would switch
      from VFOA to VFOB and back but not change frequency, whether I
      specified the frequency in kilohertz or megahertz with a string or
      numeric argument. I could find no documentation further describing or
      illustrating OmniRig's programmatic interface.

      With such documentation, I could relatively quickly assemble a simple
      bidirectional bridge that would allow you to use OmniRig instead
      Commander, just as the HRD Bridge lets you use HRD instead of
      Commander....

      73,

      Dave, AA6YQ

      Alex, is there anyway you can supply Dave with some more examples, or
      info. He is very responsive to his user base and a Bridge between your
      two software environments would be very useful to both groups.

      Jerry, KG6TT