RE: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and N1MM Logger

  • Robert Carroll
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
      Thanks, Alex-

      What a great program idea!

      73

      Bob W2WG

      _____

      From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Alex, VE3NEA
      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 10:01 PM
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and N1MM Logger

      Hi Bob,

      OmniRig does support Orion.

      From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast. <mailto:w2wg%40comcast.net> net>
      To: <dxatlas_group@ <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 09:57 PM

      yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2008
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@...> wrote:

        > Alex-
        >

        > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
        >
        > Bob W2WG

        Not only does it have an Orion interface (via OmniRig) yesterday I
        successfully modified the OmniRig Orion control document (an .ini
        file) so that CW Skimmer is working off the SUB receiver and VFOB
        instead of the MAIN receiver and VFOA which is it normal
        configuration. It is soooo cool now. You sit the DX (or targtet) that
        you are after listening on the MAIN/VFOA and then place the SUB/VFOB
        where they are listening (UP1, UP3, UP5, whatever) and then of course
        you are seeing all the stations fighting for attention. At this point
        it is easy to listen to the DX to see who they are sending the report
        to and than look up at the building list above and click on that
        stations's callsign. Make your call and you are right on the last
        station's frequency! Hopefully Alex will be able to build this type of
        functionality into CW Skimmer but for now this workaround WORKS.

        73,
        Jerry, KG6TT