Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and N1MM Logger

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
      Hi Bob,

      OmniRig does support Orion.

      From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@...>
      To: <dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 09:57 PM
      Subject: RE: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and N1MM Logger

      > Alex-
      >

      > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
      >
      > Bob W2WG
      >

      > _____

    • Robert Carroll
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
        Thanks, Alex-

        What a great program idea!

        73

        Bob W2WG

        _____

        > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
        >
        > Bob W2WG
        >

        > _____
        >
        > From: dxatlas_group@ <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
        yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@
        > As far as I know, Tom is working on interfacing his logger with the
        > OmniRig
        > engine. Once this is done, the two programs will have simultaneous access
        >
        > the CAT interface.

        > From: "Barry" <yankeebluedevil@ <mailto:yankeebluedevil%40yahoo.com>
        > yahoo.com>

      • jeraldvolpe
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2008
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@...> wrote:

          > Alex-
          >

          > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
          >
          > Bob W2WG

          Not only does it have an Orion interface (via OmniRig) yesterday I
          successfully modified the OmniRig Orion control document (an .ini
          file) so that CW Skimmer is working off the SUB receiver and VFOB
          instead of the MAIN receiver and VFOA which is it normal
          configuration. It is soooo cool now. You sit the DX (or targtet) that
          you are after listening on the MAIN/VFOA and then place the SUB/VFOB
          where they are listening (UP1, UP3, UP5, whatever) and then of course
          you are seeing all the stations fighting for attention. At this point
          it is easy to listen to the DX to see who they are sending the report
          to and than look up at the building list above and click on that
          stations's callsign. Make your call and you are right on the last
          station's frequency! Hopefully Alex will be able to build this type of
          functionality into CW Skimmer but for now this workaround WORKS.

          73,
          Jerry, KG6TT