RE: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and N1MM Logger

  • Robert Carroll
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
      Alex-

      I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?

      Bob W2WG

      _____

      From: "Barry" <yankeebluedevil@ <mailto:yankeebluedevil%40yahoo.com>
      yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
        Hi Bob,

        OmniRig does support Orion.

        > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
        >
        > Bob W2WG
        >

        > _____

      • Robert Carroll
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
          Thanks, Alex-

          What a great program idea!

          73

          Bob W2WG

          _____

          > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
          >
          > Bob W2WG
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: dxatlas_group@ <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@
          > As far as I know, Tom is working on interfacing his logger with the
          > OmniRig
          > engine. Once this is done, the two programs will have simultaneous access
          >
          > the CAT interface.

          > From: "Barry" <yankeebluedevil@ <mailto:yankeebluedevil%40yahoo.com>
          > yahoo.com>

        • jeraldvolpe
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 16, 2008
            --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@...> wrote:

            > Alex-
            >

            > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
            >
            > Bob W2WG

            Not only does it have an Orion interface (via OmniRig) yesterday I
            successfully modified the OmniRig Orion control document (an .ini
            file) so that CW Skimmer is working off the SUB receiver and VFOB
            instead of the MAIN receiver and VFOA which is it normal
            configuration. It is soooo cool now. You sit the DX (or targtet) that
            you are after listening on the MAIN/VFOA and then place the SUB/VFOB
            where they are listening (UP1, UP3, UP5, whatever) and then of course
            you are seeing all the stations fighting for attention. At this point
            it is easy to listen to the DX to see who they are sending the report
            to and than look up at the building list above and click on that
            stations's callsign. Make your call and you are right on the last
            station's frequency! Hopefully Alex will be able to build this type of
            functionality into CW Skimmer but for now this workaround WORKS.

            73,
            Jerry, KG6TT