Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and N1MM Logger

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
      Hi Barry,

      As far as I know, Tom is working on interfacing his logger with the OmniRig
      engine. Once this is done, the two programs will have simultaneous access to
      the CAT interface.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
        Alex-

        I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?

        Bob W2WG

        _____

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
          Hi Bob,

          OmniRig does support Orion.

          > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
          >
          > Bob W2WG
          >

          > _____

        • Robert Carroll
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2008
            Thanks, Alex-

            What a great program idea!

            73

            Bob W2WG

            _____

            > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
            >
            > Bob W2WG
            >

            > _____
            >
            > From: dxatlas_group@ <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@
            > As far as I know, Tom is working on interfacing his logger with the
            > OmniRig
            > engine. Once this is done, the two programs will have simultaneous access
            >
            > the CAT interface.

            > From: "Barry" <yankeebluedevil@ <mailto:yankeebluedevil%40yahoo.com>
            > yahoo.com>

          • jeraldvolpe
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 16, 2008
              --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@...> wrote:

              > Alex-
              >

              > I have lost track. Does OmniRig have an Orion interface?
              >
              > Bob W2WG

              Not only does it have an Orion interface (via OmniRig) yesterday I
              successfully modified the OmniRig Orion control document (an .ini
              file) so that CW Skimmer is working off the SUB receiver and VFOB
              instead of the MAIN receiver and VFOA which is it normal
              configuration. It is soooo cool now. You sit the DX (or targtet) that
              you are after listening on the MAIN/VFOA and then place the SUB/VFOB
              where they are listening (UP1, UP3, UP5, whatever) and then of course
              you are seeing all the stations fighting for attention. At this point
              it is easy to listen to the DX to see who they are sending the report
              to and than look up at the building list above and click on that
              stations's callsign. Make your call and you are right on the last
              station's frequency! Hopefully Alex will be able to build this type of
              functionality into CW Skimmer but for now this workaround WORKS.

              73,
              Jerry, KG6TT