Re: New software: CW Skimmer

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 13, 2008
      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA"
      <alshovk@...> wrote:

      > I have released a new shareware application, CW Skimmer. The program
      is
      > available at http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer .
      >
      > CW Skimmer is a wideband, multi-channel CW decoder and analyzer. It
      > decodes hundreds of CW signals simultaneously, extracts callsigns and
      > other useful pieces of information from the messages, and shows them
      on
      > the band map.
      >
      > 73 Alex VE3NEA

      Alex
      Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
      signal, if this is possible what is the process.
      cheers
      Tom De zl2hgr
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 14, 2008
        Hi Tom,

        If you are interested in copying only one signal, just resize the band map
        panel so that you cannot see the callsigns. Click on the signal trace on the
        waterfall, and its decoded message will be displayed on the bottom panel.

        Out of curiosity, what is wrong with decoding multiple signals?

        Alex
        Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
        signal, if this is possible what is the process.
        cheers
        Tom De zl2hgr
      • zl2hgr
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2008
          Hi Alex

          Thanks for the reply. I figured that one out, however the reason I do not
          do it�.is because for some reason it will not display in the lower panel?

          Regards

          Tom Dixon

          E.P.C # 1101

          HYPERLINK "mailto:zl2hgr@..."zl2hgr@...

          Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice saying, "Hey,
          is there room in your head for one more?"

          If you are interested in copying only one signal, just resize the band map
          panel so that you cannot see the callsigns. Click on the signal trace on the

          waterfall, and its decoded message will be displayed on the bottom panel.

          Out of curiosity, what is wrong with decoding multiple signals?

          Alex
          Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
          signal, if this is possible what is the process.
          cheers
          Tom De zl2hgr

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          6:35 p.m.

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          6:35 p.m.

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 14, 2008
            Hi Tim,

            The decoded text is displayed in the lower panel only if you are tuned at
            the signal, when the radio is tuned at a clear frequency, the lower panel is
            grayed. To tune, just click on the signal trace on the waterfall, and the
            CAT interface will tune the radio at that signal.