Re: [dxatlas] Re: New software: CW Skimmer

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5, 2008
      I have discovered that CW Skimmer will also work under "Ham Radio
      Deluxe" using my IC-756 Pro II while allowing HRD to retain control. The
      'Skimmer' will play and show all of the decoding of CW being received
      via HRD! Very Nice, Alex. I will also be registering the software soon.
      Thanks.

      Bruce, K2BET
      Okemos, MI
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 13, 2008
        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA"
        <alshovk@...> wrote:

        > I have released a new shareware application, CW Skimmer. The program
        is
        > available at http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer .
        >
        > CW Skimmer is a wideband, multi-channel CW decoder and analyzer. It
        > decodes hundreds of CW signals simultaneously, extracts callsigns and
        > other useful pieces of information from the messages, and shows them
        on
        > the band map.
        >
        > 73 Alex VE3NEA

        Alex
        Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
        signal, if this is possible what is the process.
        cheers
        Tom De zl2hgr
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 14, 2008
          Hi Tom,

          If you are interested in copying only one signal, just resize the band map
          panel so that you cannot see the callsigns. Click on the signal trace on the
          waterfall, and its decoded message will be displayed on the bottom panel.

          Out of curiosity, what is wrong with decoding multiple signals?

          Alex
          Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
          signal, if this is possible what is the process.
          cheers
          Tom De zl2hgr
        • zl2hgr
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 14, 2008
            Hi Alex

            Thanks for the reply. I figured that one out, however the reason I do not
            do it�.is because for some reason it will not display in the lower panel?

            Regards

            Tom Dixon

            E.P.C # 1101

            HYPERLINK "mailto:zl2hgr@..."zl2hgr@...

            Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice saying, "Hey,
            is there room in your head for one more?"

            If you are interested in copying only one signal, just resize the band map
            panel so that you cannot see the callsigns. Click on the signal trace on the

            waterfall, and its decoded message will be displayed on the bottom panel.

            Out of curiosity, what is wrong with decoding multiple signals?

            Alex
            Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
            signal, if this is possible what is the process.
            cheers
            Tom De zl2hgr

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            6:35 p.m.

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
            6:35 p.m.

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 14, 2008
              Hi Tim,

              The decoded text is displayed in the lower panel only if you are tuned at
              the signal, when the radio is tuned at a clear frequency, the lower panel is
              grayed. To tune, just click on the signal trace on the waterfall, and the
              CAT interface will tune the radio at that signal.