Re: [dxatlas] Re: New software: CW Skimmer

  • Dan Schaaf
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 5 10:27 AM
      I agree, mine also workes with Bandmaster

      Best Regards
      Dan Schaaf
      ===============================
      NOBSKA
      www.nobska.net
      ===============================
      Cape Cod Instruments
      www.oceanbiz.net
      ===============================
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 5 1:32 PM
        I have discovered that CW Skimmer will also work under "Ham Radio
        Deluxe" using my IC-756 Pro II while allowing HRD to retain control. The
        'Skimmer' will play and show all of the decoding of CW being received
        via HRD! Very Nice, Alex. I will also be registering the software soon.
        Thanks.

        Bruce, K2BET
        Okemos, MI
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 13 11:02 PM
          --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA"
          <alshovk@...> wrote:

          > I have released a new shareware application, CW Skimmer. The program
          is
          > available at http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer .
          >
          > CW Skimmer is a wideband, multi-channel CW decoder and analyzer. It
          > decodes hundreds of CW signals simultaneously, extracts callsigns and
          > other useful pieces of information from the messages, and shows them
          on
          > the band map.
          >
          > 73 Alex VE3NEA

          Alex
          Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
          signal, if this is possible what is the process.
          cheers
          Tom De zl2hgr
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 14 6:12 AM
            Hi Tom,

            If you are interested in copying only one signal, just resize the band map
            panel so that you cannot see the callsigns. Click on the signal trace on the
            waterfall, and its decoded message will be displayed on the bottom panel.

            Out of curiosity, what is wrong with decoding multiple signals?

            Alex
            Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
            signal, if this is possible what is the process.
            cheers
            Tom De zl2hgr
          • zl2hgr
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 14 9:19 PM
              Hi Alex

              Thanks for the reply. I figured that one out, however the reason I do not
              do it�.is because for some reason it will not display in the lower panel?

              Regards

              Tom Dixon

              E.P.C # 1101

              HYPERLINK "mailto:zl2hgr@..."zl2hgr@...

              Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice saying, "Hey,
              is there room in your head for one more?"

              If you are interested in copying only one signal, just resize the band map
              panel so that you cannot see the callsigns. Click on the signal trace on the

              waterfall, and its decoded message will be displayed on the bottom panel.

              Out of curiosity, what is wrong with decoding multiple signals?

              Alex
              Is there anyway to set the program up so that it will only decode one
              signal, if this is possible what is the process.
              cheers
              Tom De zl2hgr

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              6:35 p.m.

              Checked by AVG Free Edition.
              6:35 p.m.

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 14 9:33 PM
                Hi Tim,

                The decoded text is displayed in the lower panel only if you are tuned at
                the signal, when the radio is tuned at a clear frequency, the lower panel is
                grayed. To tune, just click on the signal trace on the waterfall, and the
                CAT interface will tune the radio at that signal.